WARFIELD RED

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

ringtail

WARFIELD RED

Post by ringtail »

any body got a pic or know where i can get a pic of this dog to convince some hunters that warfield red is a dog not a color,,,,,,,,,

Bopeye

Post by Bopeye »

Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you a picture.
Coyote problems? Can't fix it with western tactics. Here ya go. http://www.easterncoyotes.com/
You can find me and other Prostaff here. http://www.easterncoyotes.com/prostaff

TC

Post by TC »

Well this one aint the best but here is one

From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Big Boy Patch

Post by Big Boy Patch »

There are alot of people who make that mistake. :roll:

Bopeye

Post by Bopeye »

That picture looks familiar......... :lol:
Coyote problems? Can't fix it with western tactics. Here ya go. http://www.easterncoyotes.com/
You can find me and other Prostaff here. http://www.easterncoyotes.com/prostaff

BlueJack

Post by BlueJack »

Had a guy argue with me for nearly 2 weeks once that is until I brought him the proof that it was a dog not a color. Cant remember which board the proof came from but it was one of about a zillion I visit. LOL By the way, thats a cool 'ol ad just wish I could read the text under the picture.
Jeff Driver

Shady Grove Beagles

Warfield Red

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I've always found it kind of funny that everytime someone has a red beagle they want to call it a "Warfield Red".
First off that dog has been dead for 50 years so just how much influence do you suppose he's still passing along?LOL
The other thing is that I've been told by more than a few older beaglers that the dog was not a red dog at all --just that it was his name.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

warddog

Post by warddog »

I realize that the picture above is not to clear but one thing I can make out is that the dog was from Terre Haute, IN. You can also tell how old it is by the phone number with a Crawford prefix in lieu of a numbered prefix.

ringtail

Post by ringtail »

shadey grove,,,,,,,,,,he was a pretty blanket back tri color,,,,,

jon cornett

warfield red

Post by jon cornett »

if im not mistaken, warfield red ( the dog, who was tri-color) was named after the owners kennel-man. a guy who actually took care of his hounds for him. if you can get your hands on some of the old rabbit hunter articles that rev. parks wrote, he tells alot about some of the old past fc's we have all heard of.

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

Bill Bredemeier told me back in the early nineties that Warfield Red was a tricolor dog named after a man called Red Warfield.

Lefgren-Lane

Post by Lefgren-Lane »

FC Warfield Red's color in the AKC Studbook is given as Rd/Tn/Wh.
or Red/Tan/Wh. (Info from Bev Bohem at her pedigree service.) Rev Parks who saw him and (wrote for many years for the Rabbit Hunter on bloodlines) described him as having a very dark blanket. He was not a black blanketed hound.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Hey Swampman, how you do'in?
Walter, Billy's dad, told me the same story. Said, he took a bitch up to Bennet at Terre Haute to breed to Red, said he found the hound was a tri-colour black blanket hound and not a red hound as he had thought. Said he thought they called the kennelman Red Warfield, and that's where the hound got his name... I don't know, that just the story from one who saw the hound in person... ;)
Good runnin to you in the new season...Patch

cooper

Post by cooper »

bbt