Thought I would share!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

New York Hillbilly

Thought I would share!

Post by New York Hillbilly »

I got a call from my almost twenty year old son today. He called me first thing this morning and was sort of quiet and then told me, "I was thinking of you dad". He said "I went out this morning after I woke up, and it was just getting light, the sun was beginning to shine, and it was sort of cool, but sort of warm all at the same time." He went on, "It made me feel like the same type of mornings we had on all the road trips you took me on over the years with the hounds, and how we would get up in the morning and get the hounds out of their boxes to stretch, and then go get breakfast at a diner or club house, and then run the hounds in a trial or with your friends." I told him I had been getting the same kind of feelings lately. This always has been the time of year that he and I would hit the road for some father/son time. With him finishing his second year at college I sadly figured those days were over, with all that he has going on in his young adult life. Those trips were always precious to me, and they began when he stood not much higher than my thigh. Now I know how much they meant to him too. Before he hung up he said, "Dad, I can't wait to come home, do you think you will be able to take some time so we can go on another road trip this year?" Well let me tell you, nothing on earth could could stop me from going with him! After we hung up I dried my eyes, and sat down with my map. Humm...where shall we go this year? :D
NYH
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

Bart Caudill

Post by Bart Caudill »

Very nice.
I hope my children will remember the times we spend together running rabbits as well.

Bart
Caudill's Crankin Kennel
Always breed a proven sire to a proven dam.(proven in the field)
Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

Spruce Ridge Beagler

Post by Spruce Ridge Beagler »

Hey Hillbilly,
I know exactly what your talking about. My son is 14 but his mother and I divorced when he was a young boy. Every time I talk to him on the phone he want's to know how ~his~dogs are doing and can't wait for the weekend. He comes every weekend and it gives him something to look foward to. I hope to get the same kind of call when he becomes a man like your son.

Emery

Post by Emery »

All that "work" has paid off. Sounds like you have a good boy (or I should say man) there. Hopefully he will pass this on to his children too.

Emery
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

bunnie harvester

Post by bunnie harvester »

You are one lucky man, praise GOD ;)

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

(I can say that - I'm a girl)

Briarhoppers

Post by Briarhoppers »

Great story - hope my sons will do the same one day.
-Pete

Bopeye

Post by Bopeye »

I could feel that in my heart.

My little boy is just 3, but I pray I've already instilled in him some of what your son has. :bigsmile:
Coyote problems? Can't fix it with western tactics. Here ya go. http://www.easterncoyotes.com/
You can find me and other Prostaff here. http://www.easterncoyotes.com/prostaff

MIKE

SHARING

Post by MIKE »

NYH, HAVEING TWO BOYS MYSELF THAT REALLY HIT HOME. I THINK THAT'S THE BEST STORY I EVER READ ON ANY BOARD. MAN, YOU NEED TO FIND SOMEWHERE TO GO EVEN IF IT'S CLOSE. I APPRECIATE YOU SHARING THIS STORY. NOW GO DO THAT GUY SOME JUSTICE & SHOW HIM HOW PROUD YOU ARE OF HIM. :D
MIKE

copperking

Hey

Post by copperking »

I got 2 boys one 5 ad one that is 2 and a baby girl. But I have already taken them out in the woods my oldest so far could take it or leave it but my 2 year old loves it he cant wait till I get home to see if I am going to run the dogs. God I love that. :lol:
NH Registered Hunting Guide Specializing in Snowshoe Hare Hunts Now Booking For 2008
(603)752-2957 or guide@shootahare.com or http://www.shootahare.com

windy hollow

Post by windy hollow »

OH ! Now you did it, I cant read any more now, cause my eyes are all wet. :cry:
WINDY HOLLOW BEAGLES

tnbeagleman

Post by tnbeagleman »

Hey Hillbilly bring him to Tennessee there is a lot to do and I'll take a day off and provide the honey hole and a few cull hounds..