line of dogs known for extreme hunt

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

call matt smedley,his dog is blue ninja on top and kingwoods on bottom,he is a hunting machine.You will never find a dog that hunts harder or throws harder hunt than his max dog.419-347-4152

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

I run cottontail and snowshoe, and one word says it all. PATCH!

stanimals2

Post by stanimals2 »

Sock it to Me and Paycheck are tough to be to.Good luck with what ever you decide. There are an aful lot of dogs in that catigory that no one but the ownwer has ever heard of. What ever you choose watch them run first then make your choice regardless of name.
Stan

Bopeye

Post by Bopeye »

I like the Sock it to me line. Go to my website and you'll see my dogs and then go to my favorite links and get on Mt. Mitchell Kennels and Journeys End Kennels. You'll see some hard hunting sock it to me dogs there.

BTW, those Patch hounds are some very hard hunting dogs.

I haven't seen the Northway line personally, but I know several people that own them and several more that have seen them run and they are suppose to be tough as well.

Good luck in your search. :cool:
Coyote problems? Can't fix it with western tactics. Here ya go. http://www.easterncoyotes.com/
You can find me and other Prostaff here. http://www.easterncoyotes.com/prostaff

blitzen

Post by blitzen »

Go watch several dogs from a particular line that you are interested in and see if the majority of these dogs get it done the way you like not just one dog inparticular I like the hunt on the paycheck line and the sock it to me line Dave

earnhardt

Post by earnhardt »

seems like all dogs but mine and i have patch , branko, indianhills, and a little payckeck....haha just bad luck i think

Steve C.

Post by Steve C. »

I've seen very few bloodlines that lacked hunt. But "hunt" is deceptive. Some hounds hit the woods and brush hard but don't seem to find game til they've covered 10 acres, then finally hit the line of a rabbit or hare that they moved 10 minutes earlier. Others don't seem terribly busy but will jump game sooner because they have a method to their work. As an example, I have two little bitches that I run together often. Everyone remarks on how much hunt one of them has, but it is the other who jumps every hare. I agree with Gus that jumping hare is different than jumping cottontails; and witnessed this while hunting with some cottontail bloodlines on hare this week. Most of these hounds had some experience with hare and hunted efficiently but a couple of hounds who had never run hare at first were intent on old slash piles and grassy areas rather than the patches of thick jack firs. They soon learned though and hunted well after a little running. No bloodline has a monopoly on hunt, but I suppose there are certain bloodlines that definately lack this very important trait.

DarrinG

Post by DarrinG »

I agree that a beagler should look at individual hounds instead of just lines, but I do think there are certain lines that will produce harder hunt than others. Maybe we should be naming lines known for no or little hunt instead of the hard hunting lines... ;)
+++
He's coming....are you ready?

wvrabbithunter

Post by wvrabbithunter »

PATCH IS WHERE ITS AT

dawgydawg67

Post by dawgydawg67 »

Paycheck/Casey.......nuff said
Unless your the lead dog the view never changes

HatterasBob

Post by HatterasBob »

I find the closer I am to Ninja the better I like it. I have Ninja in most of my hounds, but the one with the most hunt is directly out of Ranger Dan. I believe Ranger Dan threw extreme hunt and check work and did not throw blazing speed. Just my 2 cents!

copperking

Hey

Post by copperking »

merv wrote:Branko
You have got to be kidding me. I have no use for a brnko hound. My female has some branko in her way back in the ped and I see it in her running. She runs the snot out of a rabbit but cant hold a candle to my male. He has no branko in him he has alot of roundpond mr t right up close like his sire and dames father on both sides. I am very happy with the hunt of the mr t hounds.
NH Registered Hunting Guide Specializing in Snowshoe Hare Hunts Now Booking For 2008
(603)752-2957 or guide@shootahare.com or http://www.shootahare.com

laal

Post by laal »

If you want hunt, and live near Demopolis, Alabama. Double Creek Sammy puts hunt in his pups. He is Wier Creek, under 13", and hunts like a fox. I have seen some of his pups, and a pack of 4 of his grandpups all hunt hard. I took my best bitch to him Feb 28. I'll let you know what happens. :lol:

Blue Bandit

Post by Blue Bandit »

I will say Haunted Hills Preacher dogs, then Round Pound Mr. T dogs then Turbo dogs the Ace in the Hole dogs. Just my opinion
True Blue or nothing.

BILL HALL

Post by BILL HALL »

lake ogemaw casey if you want hunt and stamina believe me i have had them all sock it to me, indian hills , branko etc the list goes on and on them casey dogs are tough and dont have alot of trash problems seem to be very straight.