Derby Trials awarding points toward Field Champion

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

KanesIrish

Re: Derby Trials awarding points toward Field Champion

Post by KanesIrish »

I've heard several times, brace is just going to disappear, that might be what happens, but they're taking the sane people down with them, and the AKC is letting it happen.

redpup

Post by redpup »

Even though you were out numbered, I would like to thank the 3 people who voted against the watered down version of FC. If they are doing this, why not just change it to 2 wins. If a derby goes out and wins an all age trial that is awesome, but to give it a win toward a FC title with limited entries is ridiculous. JMO
NOE EM BY KENNEL
FC PINNACLE HILL SPORT
FCGD NOE HIM BY OHIO REGGIE
FCGD NOE HIM BY BUCKEYE BANDIT
FC BUCKRUN BONNIE'S KATE
FCGD NOE HIM BY TOPFUEL BIG SIMBA
FCGD NOE HIM BY BILLY

KanesIrish

Post by KanesIrish »

Roy, like me, you've been on these conference calls and seen how ridiculous there are!

I'm cannot believe such a motion has been put on the fast track, and didn't need a year to review.

The AKC makes their own rules regarding the BAC.

redpup

Post by redpup »

Exactly right
NOE EM BY KENNEL
FC PINNACLE HILL SPORT
FCGD NOE HIM BY OHIO REGGIE
FCGD NOE HIM BY BUCKEYE BANDIT
FC BUCKRUN BONNIE'S KATE
FCGD NOE HIM BY TOPFUEL BIG SIMBA
FCGD NOE HIM BY BILLY

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

talkabout-DLH wrote:If. you take a Derby to a lic. trial and it wins you have a good or special dog. You take a Derby to a Derby Run Off and it wins and the points you get goes towards a FC Title .That is WRONG. Say you run a DERBY in three or four lic. trials and it does not place in any of them. You take that same Derby, take it to the Derby Run Off and it wins it gets Lic. points ? Come on AKC and BAC you people need to get your acts together.That is a JOKE. Most Beaglers that hunt or field trial and breed dogs their goal is to make a better beagle.And over the years it shows today thats what we are doing. We want the Dogs to earn all their own accomplishments.NO HELP or GIFTS given thats what makes a FC. I cant understand why the BAC wants to put a Derby trial towards a FC title and I dont see how this could help any federation or club in any way. DONALD L HOOG
redpup wrote:Even though you were out numbered, I would like to thank the 3 people who voted against the watered down version of FC. If they are doing this, why not just change it to 2 wins. If a derby goes out and wins an all age trial that is awesome, but to give it a win toward a FC title with limited entries is ridiculous. JMO
X2

If I understand it correctly in BB, the brace people are struggling and trying to get more interest/entries in their trials.
Funny how the gun movement took years of hard work with nothing but opposition from the brace community, yet here they are asking for our help in trying to keep them viable.
They use the "we need to work together" philosophy now when they are in need.
Sorry if I sound bitter, but they nearly ruined the beagle breed as a hunting hound.

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Swampman.
Totally agree with what you stated in your post.
Also in agreement with DLH and redpup.Two guys that know about what it takes on the trial circuit.
Any use in getting signatures on a petition to send to A.K.C.?
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Slaux

Post by Slaux »

I think allowing points for NBQ and calling it Fifth place would have made a lot more sense. A lot of good dogs never finished needing a point or less. Sounds like this is a done deal? On the upside, Derby Trials will mean something again. Years ago the Derby was a big deal, placing at the local club level so you could compete at the Championship Trial. This should bring some fire back into the Championship Derby' and Derby Trials as a whole. Derby Trials, at least in our association are withering on the vine.

Tim G

Post by Tim G »

The way I read it was if you didn't want your derby trial to be licensed it doesn't have to be. But if it was I bet the winner wouldn't bitch one minute about it Not me Hoog or nobody else jmho

Tim G

Post by Tim G »

I also agree with giving points for NBQ. As I recall you do have to buy the ribbon package and the green is in it so u pay for it to

fastone

Post by fastone »

Do they get points if they have placed in a derby already ?
Rabbit Ridge Kennels,home of
RABBIT RIDGE Penny
RABBIT RIDGE Zoey
King Ralph's Dolly

We feed and recommend VICTOR feed.
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

South Woods kennel

Post by South Woods kennel »

I think its bullshit awarding akc pts for winning or placing in derby trials. Way easier competition compared to all age trials and it just isnt right! I dont agree with it one bit and i myself wouldnt and will never promote it.
Home of:

FC Lp South Woods Snooper
FC South Woods Cyclone
FC South Woods Miley
FC Lp South Woods Balla
CNLPC IFC South Woods Libby
NR FC South Woods Spike
FC South Woods Hazel

Tim G

Post by Tim G »

No the way I read it it's only for federation derby championship trials it has not come in to effect as of right Itbwill have to be wrote up for 1win and 40 points only. So just regular club derby trials would not count. I'm not in to Derby trials at all but a derby is only a derby for one yr and just think a win in the last derby trial your dog can run in period unless u run in the futurity would be sweet

Farm dog

Post by Farm dog »

The derby trial points towards field champion are only at the federation championship trials. The Midwest Federation clubs would have to vote on this for this to be a part of the Midwest derby championship trial. Yes, it was passed by the BAC, but that doesn't mean all federations have to do it.
Keep in mind the original proposal was to allow a dog to get 2 of it's 3 wins towards FC in these derby championship trials. So guys could hit different federations that way and have a good start towards FC with a dog that never competed in all age license trials.
For the guys I had talked with in the Midwest, I have yet to find somebody in favor of this.

Bryan Bush

KanesIrish

Post by KanesIrish »

Bryan, did it hurt?

You know when you're banging your head against the wall listening to those brace guys?

Farm dog

Post by Farm dog »

Alcohol helps. Lol