how much should i ask for used system

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mo. Beagler 5000

how much should i ask for used system

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

I have an astro 320 with a dc 40 collar in good condition and a 4dog sport dog sd3225 in good condition also. Wanna upgrade to the new alpha mini. One place offered me 350.00 for all of it on a trade in but just the sport dog alone should be worth that much right?
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

rabbit chaser

Re: how much should i ask for used system

Post by rabbit chaser »

I'd look at it this way. Anyone that is still running the old 220s (like me) and now is wanting to get a mini due to dogs knees banging is going to be looking to upgrade to the 320. With that said I wouldn't "give it away" but hey if you decide to let me know and ill take it off your hands cheap! ;) I tend to use ebay to get an idea of what they are actually selling for and go from there to get a good number.
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

Mo. Beagler 5000

Ha ya, eBay says the garmin with dc40 average used good condition has a median price of 345. With ranges between 275 and 440. So I figure if i can get around the average price I'd let that go and then I could sell the sport dog and nearly get double my trade in. New it's still about 600. I don't think we are supposed to sell things on this page so maybe I will post it in the for sale section or pm me.

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

Well I thing u got to consider any retail place has to money !! That's their business , from what I seen & found a retail guy will offer 50 to 60 % of true resell value . It may even B more on this item at this time due to the flooded market. Just look at the forsale page on this site since the mini's came out . Everone is wanting to upgrade ,ebay is loaded with training and tracking equipment as well . JMHO
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

sammiller03

Post by sammiller03 »

another option you have is to call double u hunting supply and trade your system in on a new one. thats what i did. less headache tan trying to sell then buy. they gave me a better price than i was going to sell it for. They are the best hound supply company i have done business with to this day.
http://www.dusupply.com/
Millers Old Line Kennel
Grantsville, Md.

gun runner

Post by gun runner »

Also you can look into collar clinic, They have alway treated me good and great service.
LYNCH MOB KENNEL

LITAWAY'S CAPITAIN COLT COMMANDER
AWFULBAWLIN SMOKEN RED RYDER

Mo. Beagler 5000

I did call double u and they offered me the 350 for a sport dog SD 3225 4 dog system and the garmin astro with a dc40 collar. I like them because they offer an extra 6 month warranty on theit systems but that offer just seemed low.

I mean they are making money on the new 1100.00 unit and the sport dog new is about 720.00 and the garmin i put on ebay is already at 200.00 or so. So if i get 250 too 300 for the garmin and 200 to 400 for the sport dog that's will nearly double what I was offred for a little extra work.