running pen use

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bartman357

running pen use

Post by bartman357 »

I ask this question on another site, and haven't gotten many replies. For those of you who use running pens, whats your opinions on leaving dog's in it overnight?
Bartman357
Www.bartsbunnies.com
Ava, Illinois

span870

Re: running pen use

Post by span870 »

I don't bud. Too much can go wrong before I can find out. I don't leave mine run in there by themselves ever. Know a lot of guys that do and have no problem with it but guess I just worry to much.

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

A good running dog,I say no. I have seen dogs lose there bark by leaving them in there all night. About three to four hr is a good number on running dogs. Pups, some leave them in the pens all night but I don t do it anymore cause sometimes you have a pup that's want to dig out and you will lose some of the rabbits.I have it now.When you leave the pen the dogs go with you. Nobody can leave a dog in the pen without staying there. It works out good that way.

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

I agree. When I come out of the pen so do my dogs.

Larry
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red