QUESTION ON NEUTERED MALE

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

undertheradar

QUESTION ON NEUTERED MALE

Post by undertheradar »

I have a 15" strong male dog that has been fixed. I'm gonna move him just for the simple fact that I'm picky, Im overwhelmed with dogs and he's the biggest dog I have.
How much would he be worth? He's a $500 dog. Registered Branko dog. Nice honest clean mouth, hunts, jumps and runs the track right. Just want to hear some different opinions here before I put him up for sale.

Remmy

Re: QUESTION ON NEUTERED MALE

Post by Remmy »

How old is he?
Home of:
Emerick's Shoot em up Blue Nellie
Emerick's Thicket Chirpin Cricket
Coal Hill's Queen of Hearts
Remmy
Winnie

Director Presque Isle Beagle Club

undertheradar

Post by undertheradar »

Remmy

Post by Remmy »

Sounds like he would make a good hunting hound for the next several years. I would think you could get 400 for him anyways. It seems that a good running hound will bring that much, and honestly speaking, most hunters, myself included, by pups or running hounds and do not breed. Of course, he will sell quicker in 4 or 5 months.
Home of:
Emerick's Shoot em up Blue Nellie
Emerick's Thicket Chirpin Cricket
Coal Hill's Queen of Hearts
Remmy
Winnie

Director Presque Isle Beagle Club

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Russell
As Remmy mentioned there's a whole lot of beaglers out there that have no interest in breeding dogs and/or raising pups.They just want a good,solid hunting companion to enjoy with as few faults as possible.
If your hound can account for his game running solo,will pack up and do his share of the work in a pack,runs rabbit and only rabbit [especially if others are trashing ],likes the gun,handles decent in the woods and is not an idiot in the kennel then I would say you should easily get your $500.00 back for him and maybe more.
The fact that he's neutered shouldn't bother someone just wanting a gundog.I've got a friend that's kept beagles for 20+ years and he neuters them all as he has no interest in breeding or their heat cycles.They perform just as well as mine that aren't.
Lot of folks around here ride horses.Not many stallions,most ride geldings.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

undertheradar

Post by undertheradar »

Ron if you are reading this my PMs are staying in my outbox for some reason..??? I'll post what his sire and darn is this evening. All I have is a paper slip, no pedigree. I ordered him from out of state and I don't have any 15" dogs, which is why im selling him. Hes a touch bigger and Im overwhelmed with dogs at the moment.