Looking for Patch studs

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Swampman

Looking for Patch studs

Post by Swampman »

Looking for Patch studs in or near Wisconsin. 14 to 15 inch, hard hitting, hard driving, all day dogs. I run both cottontail and snowshoe. Willing to drive up to 5 hours.
Last edited by Swampman on Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plow

Post by Plow »

Try Harold Nelson, only man I know in Wisconsin that has the Patch blood. There may be others but I don't know them. E-mail me for his number. He has to be getting old so I am not sure if he is still living or not.
plowboyspache@att.net

BuschBound

Post by BuschBound »

I attended the North Eastern Wisconsin beagle club last year and took second behind a patch hound. I'm not to sure what the full name of the guy is but I believe his last name was Lau. The dogs name is Lesage Mike Patch. He sure looked good that day and after talking to some others there that day they had nothing but good to say about this dog. I believe D. Lau is a member of N.E.W. beagle club near Greenbay Wi.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Don't know how far you are from Portage, IN.(northwest corner), but Gerald Hale has a male from Hot Patch Hitman X Hot Patch Brownie...

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

Thanks Busch, I know some people from that club, I'll check it out.
Patch, what do you know about this hound from IN., size,style, sire, dam?, any info. is appreciated. Also where are you from, and what do you have to offer? I breed Patch myself and just looking for some fresh blood. I need the taller hounds though for the snow. Thanks again for any info.

Swamp

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Pete is prob a 15" hound. His daddy Hitman was a small Patch male, odd of the litter(good little cottontail hound). Hitmans daddy was Hot Patch Hard Rock(Royal Falcon Patch X Northwind Patch Spirit...Lazy Acres). Brownie was Yates bred. Pete likes to drive and can be a little rough on cottontail. Just thought he might be close for you.
What blood do you have?...

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

Patch, I have old Bredemeier breeding going back to Barefoot King Patch, Barefoot Blaze Patch, also Pine Patch Stupe, Pennyroyal Patch Casey. Patch, do you know Gerald Hales phone number?, also you never mentioned where you are from?

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

You have a pm...

Saw in the paper where Mr. Bredemeier passed on last week.
William was a good friend and beagler, I often thought about him and missed talking to him. The last hound I remember him trying to finish was a hound called Trevor, I think. That was some time ago...Patch