seresto tick collar

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

tdog

seresto tick collar

Post by tdog »

Has anyone tried one of these collars? Fifty dollars for a tick collar is a lot of money but if I did not have any ticks it would be worth it..

ken pack

Re: seresto tick collar

Post by ken pack »

Never tried it but thinking about it or something else like it. Go to http://www.jeffersPet.com they have some reviews and other Products
like it. Hope this Helps

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

PREVENTIC much cheaper than Serresto less than half -only tick collar to kill a tick before a disease transmitting bite can take place. buy 26 inch cut in half make 2 collars google product on amazon for best price search. Just use 1.5 cc or ml of Spotton for horses permethin every 3 weeks for fleas 6 15cc tubes are 10 dollars tractor supply do the math save too

Smoke'n Mack

Post by Smoke'n Mack »

I bit the bullet and used one last year. The inital reason for purchasing it was for fleas. I had a flea problem that I could absolutely not shake last summer. I tried everything, hundreds of dollars on sprays and yard treatments, etc etc. Frontline was useless. I'll tell you right now that seresto collar was worth every penny. Within 3-5 days, the fleas were off the dog. It helped with ticks too, but I was also still treating with frontline for the ticks.

One thing I will say though is, if you run your dog with the collar on, it isn't going to last as long. It says right on the package that if a dog wears it swimming it cuts down the length of time it will be effective. Some of the conditions we run in our dogs may as well be swimming. What I started doing was removing the collar when I ran my dog, then putting it back on her as soon as I was done.

Definitely worth the 50 bucks though in my opinion.

brad stewart

Post by brad stewart »

Were do you bye these at
if they dont hunt they dont stay

ken pack

Post by ken pack »

I have read the reviews on serresto flea & tick collar suppose to last 8 Months seen mixed review on http://www.jeffersPet.com and I also
seen they sell a badge that suppose to work for 4 months and had a couple of good review and cost twice as less as Serresto and
I wonder if anyone have used these ( Spectra Shield Collar ) they look almost like the cattle tags call ( purple martin ) that some people on here uses to put on Dogs Collar, but this hangs on the Collar with a clip like a Dog Tag does. Has anyone used these ? Interested and just wondering.

tdog

Post by tdog »

I have used cattle tags which worked Ok. Looking for a great option but reading reviews I am not sure it will be that great.. Just bought a preventic collar and I am going to try it first.. For fleas get the Bayer tree and shrub..It is the most effective item i have ever used and it is super cheap.. One quart for about 12 dollars.. Apply it just like frontline.. I hate tick and would pay the fifty bucks if it works in the field..

Woodhavenrabbitdogs

Post by Woodhavenrabbitdogs »

I use Termidor SC 1.5cc on their backs works great for fleas and ticks
Rodney E Miller
Central Ohio
Woodhaven Captain Howdy
Woodhaven White Trailer Trish
Wapajo Hermione

blueticken5

Post by blueticken5 »

They would be with 50 if they really work
Glomskis Red River Runner Jr.
PCh 4 wins Towards Grand.
HBC 3 Wins Towards Grand.
LPRCH
High Noons Big Horn Chase.
LPRCH
High Noons Little Shy
LPRC
High Noons Mack Attack J-Dell x Dora.
LPRC

Little Hawk

Post by Little Hawk »

Like woodhaven I have used Termidor SC for the last 5 years works great on fleas and ticks.

ken pack

Post by ken pack »

Where do you get Termidor SC at and how much does it cost ?
Woodhavenrabbitdogs wrote:I use Termidor SC 1.5cc on their backs works great for fleas and ticks
Little Hawk wrote:Like woodhaven I have used Termidor SC for the last 5 years works great on fleas and ticks.

Little Hawk

Post by Little Hawk »

The cheapist I have found it is 49.99 for a 20oz bottle at http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com 866-581-7378 just ordered a bottle yesterday. It has the same ingredient and same strength as frontline 9.1% fipronil.

ken pack

Post by ken pack »

Thanks

MasonsBeagles

Post by MasonsBeagles »

ok folks now that years have past what are the reviews? I was thinking about getting Seresto collars for my hounds. How do you put them on for use while running.. Also curious i kennel two dogs per kennel and they will chew each others collars.. ugh not sure how to counteract that.
Please visit
http://www.LiveStockSeller.com NEW LIVESTOCK SITE. Totally Free Listings
http://www.NeededPrayers.com we have just relaunched.

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

I used these collars last year with good success. I’d buy the large dog and cut them in 4 inch strips and mount those on the dog collar. I put one strip on in the spring time and change them out mid summer and I seem to get an entire season with that set up.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly