Reggie dogs ???

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BB Beagles

Re: Reggie dogs ???

Post by BB Beagles »

SGC, as of how many LPRCH's and FC's Reggie has produced I do not know, but he does have a ton of pups out there, and been bred a bunch. I do know that he has pups that do run in akc and in Little Pack. For him being a great reproducer, I would say he's average. Reggie has been bred prob 250+ times, but I do not know how many of those pups have titled out, or that have made solid rabbit dogs. When you say good reproducer, I think of Maravic Blue Ninja who was bred like 50? times and had like 40 some odd pups to title. There are guys out there that can tell you more exact numbers. To me that is a good percentage of reproducing.

I myself have 3 dogs in my kennel right now that have Reggie up close in there ped, 1 being directly out of him. They all have diff styles of hunt, but all 3 have very good line control with foot to go with it.
BONE BOX BEAGLES

new kid on the block

Post by new kid on the block »

I have question about Reggie. Does he produce nice dogs when bred with a female that has blue ninja in her blood also?

bo power

Post by bo power »

Well you can tell everybody. Yeah you can tell everybody .I'm the man .I'm the man Lol :lol:
LPGRCH SHELBY'S DAMIT MAN R.i.p
LPGRCH LPGRBCH SHELBY'S CINDY Lou
Shelby's Atl Cookie
Shelby's Atl Drip Drop

briarhopper

Post by briarhopper »

I had two in the past. they were culls

bunnytracks

Post by bunnytracks »

briarhopper wrote:I had two in the past. they were culls
what was he bred too? :roll:

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

I have owned 5 out of reggie. Reggie produces good when bred to a good female......when bred to a good female.....when bred to a good female. Research the dam side and start the pups the right way and you should have good odds with your pups. Run the pup, but don't burn it up.

I have 2 right now directly out of Reggie that I'm really happy with. I was a fool a few years back and let a double turbo (out 0f Reggie) go that was one of the toughest females I have ever seen run a rabbit. I had another female get hit and killed that produced 5 field champions with one litter.

As far as reggie x ninja crosses go....you usually get nice line control with medium to upper med speed. Ninja seems to slow the crosses down and give you more control. This is just my personal opinion for what ever its worth. The guys that can tell you the most about the line is Jessie Scrogham, Terry Grey, Eddie Taylor, and Kevin Monroe. Between that group of guys I would say they have seen about 3/4 of all his litters.

some NICE reggie sons out there as well: (my short list)
Nat Ch Circle H Hurry Up Regis
World Ch Switch Gear
FC Top Fuel Chester
NrFC nChimney Rock Blue Moon
FC Chimney Rock Lucky
FC Noe Him by Ohio Reggie

and I have to throw my male Snoopy in that list :D

good luck!
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I've had two females both directly out of Reggie.One was from a linebred Syris McGee female and she made an exceptionally nice hound.Made Rabbit Champion in four hunts.Had all the traits you'd want; good hunt,upper medium foot and ran a good line with snap back check work.Naturally straight on rabbits.
The other female was linbred I.F.C.Maravic's Blue Ninja top and bottom.She was a dark bluetick that stayed under 13".Very easy starter,excellent nose and a big mouth for a little dog.Good jump dog,ran the line with control and close on the checks.Would pick a lot of hard ones.I keep 15" dogs and her natural running speed was probably medium.Running with my big dogs she was getting pulled pretty hard sometimes.I sold her for a very good price to a fellow in Louisianna that already had her sister and he loves them both.Runs them on swampers.Both are naturally straight on rabbits.
My good friend Peter Burns has Puckett Creek Tn.Driver and a littermate sister out of Reggie and the above Ninja bitch.I have hunted with them both extensively and they are both extremely solid rabbit dogs.Naturally straight on rabbits.I bred a Grand daughter of F.C. Turbo Charged Thunder Blue [Reggie littermate ] to Driver and have a 2 year old female that is very nice and can get it done with some flair.She's been naturally straight on rabbits.
I had the opportunity to spend a weekend with Jonah Staten in Ohio and hunt his Staten's Blue Samurai and Sam's littermate sister Maggie [Reggie x linebred Jiggs female ].Both of these hounds are the kind most any man would be proud to own with the traits that we all want in our hunting dogs.Plus,it appears from those that have them that Sam is reproducing a high quality pup.
I have an 8 month old bluetick female from Sam and a Beaver Creek Blue Max [linebred Blue Ninja] female that started very easily and can run solo or pack up with the big dogs and rock and roll!
As already mentioned I believe Reggie does his part when crossed with a quality female as it is with most studs.
And for "new kid on the block".My experience is that Reggie's influence [ his mother is the result of a Ninja son x Ninja daughter cross ] linbred on my females with Ninja background has worked well for me .I have dogs from these breedings with friends in Maine,New Hampshire,Vermont,here in Tennessee and a couple in Louisianna and they get the job done and please the guys that have them.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

new kid on the block

Post by new kid on the block »

Thanks shady kennels. Speed is not a factor to me. Medium to upper medium suits me just fine. Don't like a slow dog,but as longs as they have some foot.

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

new kid on the block wrote:Thanks shady kennels. Speed is not a factor to me. Medium to upper medium suits me just fine. Don't like a slow dog,but as longs as they have some foot.
You would love reggie over ninja bred females then! Reggie is ninja bred, so you will have double ninja bloodlines.
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

ALL I KNOW IS I HAVE SEVERAL DOGS GRANDPUPS DBL REGGIE AND SO ON THAT AT TIMES R ABOVE AVERAGE RABBIT DOGS AND I REALLY LIKE THEM SO WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO IF IT AINT BROKE DONT TRY AN FIX IT . I WILL CONTINUE TO BREED REGGIE INTO MY KENNEL AS LONG AS POSSIBLE .
BIGDOGPACE

Michael Maynard

Post by Michael Maynard »

We have a female out of Reggie and a Jasper female that has real potential. We have also had good luck crossing Code Blue(Jasper's brother ) x Lady(Reggie's sister). We have also had good success with Reggie females x Code Blue(Turbo x Blue Iris). I really like the double Turbo crosses with Reggie and Reggie with Blue Ninja stuff. Just as any cross you have to breed a quality female to hopefully get good pups. Some people try to breed junk to a stud dog, then when the pups don't turn out, they blame it on the stud dog.
TRIPLE M'S BEAGLES
LPGRCH TRIPLE M'S CODE BLUE II
LPGRCH BACKROAD'S AXLE
LPRCH TRIPLE M'S OL BLACK BETTY
LPRCH TRIPLE M'S CODE BLUE CHANCE
LPRCH BACKROAD'S SIMBA