young dogs quit in the kennel

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

dhoundman

young dogs quit in the kennel

Post by dhoundman »

HAD AN OLD MAN TELL ME THAT IF THE PUPS WHERE QUIT IN THE KENNEL THAT THEY WOULD MOST LIKELY BE TIGHT MOUTH IN THE FIELD. BOY WAS HE EVER WRONG :hammer: ANY BODY ELSE SEE THAT TO BE THE SAME THING.

ironjawdawgs

Re: young dogs quit in the kennel

Post by ironjawdawgs »

dhoundman wrote:HAD AN OLD MAN TELL ME THAT IF THE PUPS WHERE QUIT IN THE KENNEL THAT THEY WOULD MOST LIKELY BE TIGHT MOUTH IN THE FIELD. BOY WAS HE EVER WRONG :hammer: ANY BODY ELSE SEE THAT TO BE THE SAME THING.
I have seen it a time or two outta a few hundred pups. lol!

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

I've never seen any correlation between a pup/dogs quietness/noisiness in the kennel compared to in the field. Some dogs get bored and bark, others just lay around and rest up.....both can be great hunters.

rackhntr

Post by rackhntr »

From what ive learned a pup that is quiet and acts good in the kennel is a sure sign that it will have brains!
Home of
HBCH Quaker Knob Jill
Quaker Knob On The Spot
Quaker Knobs Lonesome Rebel
Quaker Knobs Lonesome Dixie
Quaker Knob Hannah Jae
Quaker Knob Bitsy Boo

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

"Young dogs quit in the kennel." Took a couple of posts to figure out what you meant. Not a stickler for spelling but there's quite a difference between quit and quiet. Just saying.
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red