NEW BEAGLE DISSCUSSION BOARD!!!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bigcfromrbc

Re: NEW BEAGLE DISSCUSSION BOARD!!!!

Post by bigcfromrbc »

Point of the board is not to gain banned member's from here. If they was banned from here good chance we don't want their drama as well. A bit reason of the board is that in our area there is little to no community. Everyone here is usually a good three hours away or more from us. There are plenty of people in our area that has beagles, and most of them have done it for ages. We want to form a community in our area where it's easy to talk to other's, get information, and so forth. Granted this is probably the most popular and active beagler forum.

We want a nice community just like any one else does. Not trying to cause trouble, or anything along those lines. Plus more information out there the better for the sport. Not everyone has the same opinion, and we all know the old timer's have remedies we may not know. For example I'm allergic to poison ivy. The only thing that helps it is White Shoe Polish. Without an older person giving me this info I'd have to get shots and such which is expensive. Not only are we looking to find information, but get the word out on local trail hunts. Not only that but there are people in our area that has really good dogs, starting pens, and such. Without people pushing to get the information out there then we will continue to be in the dark.

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

bigc, Not saying you are not trying to do something positive, And you may find that I am more of a help than a Hinderance if you will think about it a little. I gave the banned people as a example of a selling point, a good example, just because you have been banned from this board doesn't make one a bad person, not suitable for another site,( Bev. will agree with that) I think you are saying there are other people with a lot to offer that may be different than what is discussed on these boards. I agree , but recruiting them from these boards leads to the SAME information not different information. As far as serving your area I believe this board serves your area as well as any site could, probably better due to the thousands it serves. It isn't like we are going to sign up and then move anyway, so those who are outside your area would still be outside your area wouldn't we? ( actually I am in your area) If you only limited it to the Tri-State area ( which you aren't) that would make it different , but wouldn't you also be limiting your information , the very thing you are after, as well, as right now you have the Tri-state area , PLUS!! You did say there were some locals who had dogs and perhaps could bring something new to the table, ( I assume they are not on a beagle board) wouldn't it make sense that these are the individuals that should be sought after, the ones with the starting pens, other information ,etc: , who are not currently on a board? Once again, not knocking what you are doing , just not understanding what would be different ( with the possible exception of LESS information) and therefore, the point! But , I don't see why you can't do it if you like !

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

I'm not completely disagree with that. We're just trying to reach every corner possible. Where people that are in the area may see it, and become just as active there as here. We do a lot of advertising. Trying to get people in our area. I know that regardless of how many members you have them being active is what matters and makes a message board.

bobm81

Post by bobm81 »

all i can say is join if ya want if not ill holler at ya on here cause im on here several times a day!!!! not trying to take anything away from this board and most of our members come from facebook groups to join!!! i belong to the beagler,rabbitdogs.net, ukc ,prohound and about 20 facebook groups all related to beagles and i guarantee alot of these guys do too... but i see post on some boards i dont see on here and posts on here i dont see on others!!! BEV if you see this please delete this topic cause i dont want anyone thinking im trying to take something away from this board cause im not!!!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND GOOD HUNTING!!!