Thoughts on Hi-Standard Premium performance 26/18

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Joeyman

Thoughts on Hi-Standard Premium performance 26/18

Post by Joeyman »

anyone feed this http://www.hi-standarddogfood.com/formula/2618.htm

im wanting to switch it up from blackgold black bag to Hi-standard purple bag. I got a guy local that sells it for $27 for a 50lb bag....what do you guys think about that price i can pick up 6 bags for $162
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

NeilKimbrel7

Re: Thoughts on Hi-Standard Premium performance 26/18

Post by NeilKimbrel7 »

I think its good feed. My dogs perform well on it. I give 25 a bag, but I don't think the guy that sells it does it to make money....he mainly sells it so he can have it local to feed his own dogs.
HOF LPGRCH GRPCH FCGD Kimbrel's Kickem Up Kane
Kimbrel's Flyby Foxy lady
Kimbrel’s Rock
Peeple’s Naughty Girl

BAOTB

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

This will be the first time trying Hi-standard. blackgold is around $28 a bag and its only 40lb bags which is a rip off. seems like my dogs have been running out of steam way to early aswell on the blackgold. maybe they will do better on hi-standard for the rest of gun season.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

Smoke'n Mack

Post by Smoke'n Mack »

I have no personal experience with it, one of my buddies that I run dogs with just tried it though, and he hated it. His dogs didn't seem to have the energy or the coats he was looking for. When the temps started dropping, he had trouble keeping weight on them. While we were in Maine in October, his dogs crapped some of the biggest piles of crap I've ever seen in my life. He switched to Pro Plan like the rest of us were feeding and he saw a lot of improvement in his dogs. All dogs are different though, just letting you know what he saw. Good luck.

andrew_kirby

Post by andrew_kirby »

I have fed it for probably 9 years now I can buy it right here in town and a lot of us around here feed it. Ive switched up and tried Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice, absolutely great when it comes to ingredients a few of my dogs did exceptionally well on it but it got out of sight price wise. I tried Sportsmans Pride, Black Gold. Pride dog food and I even fed Taste Of The Wild when my dog numbers were low and same thing each dog did different some stayed the same some did better. With Hi Standard its good dog food Ive never had a problem with it ingredients aren't as good as some Ive fed but when every other food location is atleast 30 minutes away and I can get any color bag hi standard right here in town I have no reason to switch. I do have one dog that is about impossible to keep weight on no matter what I try and with her it takes about double the required feeding amount but every one else is good.

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

If I could get someone close to me to carry hi-standard I would feed it for sure!!! I used it for awhile when I bought it in bulk and I really liked how the dogs looked and held up but I don't have anyone close to me to be able to feed it. I would recommend it to anyone!! :nod:
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

JJWI

Post by JJWI »

http://www.hubbardlife.com/dog/high-energy.aspx Joey, check this food out. I have been feeding it for 2 years now and it is the best food I have fed. Both my coondogs and beagles do great on it. Don't get run down, not much stool and their coats are the best I have ever seen. I buy it by the pallet which is around $525 last time I checked. I store it in sealed barrels. (barrels with removable tops and a lock ring so they are air tight) and a pallet will last me a year. That is 6 beagles and 2 Redbones. The guys I Bear hunt with have been feeding Hubbard for over 10 years and they won't feed anything else.

warddog

Post by warddog »

I fed it for awhile and dogs did OK on it but not great. Didn't see much change in the stool then from other cheaper brands nor did I see any improvement in their condition.

wes smith

Post by wes smith »

I like sportsmans pride but hi standard is good feed too . I can't believe u can still get good dog feed for $525 ton :?: I'd try some if it was closer.

JJWI

Post by JJWI »

wes smith wrote:I like sportsmans pride but hi standard is good feed too . I can't believe u can still get good dog feed for $525 ton :?: I'd try some if it was closer.
A pallet is 1,000 lbs. 20 bags on a pallet. The store owner throws in a bag for every pallet purchase. Last year at the Bear Hunters convention she threw in 2 bags for every pallet purchase

wes smith

Post by wes smith »

O. all the pallets I've bought we're 40 bags .