trying to keep 16yr old son beagling

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bopar8454

trying to keep 16yr old son beagling

Post by bopar8454 »

i just want to gripe some sorry, im trying to keep my son in beagling but its gettin tuff , first i buy him 2 bluetick reggie pups and on the way home they couldnt hold there heads up so i take them to vet and even though the guy said they wormed them regular the vet said they were having worm fits they had them so bad, fixed that problem , then i trade a tronics collar and another pup for a pup my son wanted and the guy says the collar dont work rite and he didnt want to keep the pup i traded him so i just bought the pup from him and got my stuff back after driving an hour and half each time, only to have that pup die 4 weeks later and the guy i got him from said it wasnt his problem it was ok when it left him, then i took the 2 bluetick pups to starting pen two months ago only to have the guy call every week or two to tell me he has been busy and hasent got to work with them like he wants and would keep them longer no extra charge and i thought he was really helping me out running my dogs and feeding them to, WRONG!! a lady calls me today to tell me she found my dogs and they look starved so i leave work early to go get them and just as i get there the guy is getting them not knowing i was there , i found my sons pups not starving but skinny and looked like they have mainge or something then he admitted that was why he kept putting me off , said some one had brought pups in and my sons caught it , my son and I are very disapointed dont want to give any names yet but just wanted to get things off my chest, again sorry for complaining but that is B S

littlewoody

Re: trying to keep 16yr old son beagling

Post by littlewoody »

Don't give up you can do it . Did you take the pups to the vet ?
TheJohnBirchSociety

JBrock

Post by JBrock »

man with all that bad luck you are due to have something go your way!!!!! I am in ohio and have a 16 year old that loves to go
I know it would be a bit of a trip but your welcome to come hunt with us sometime!!! hate to see him lose interest!!!!
frogpond beagles

lebro

Post by lebro »

Yeah that really sucks. Look up some wv beaglers to make recommendations and to help out. I would defiantly help a young fellow out to keep him involved and know there are guys in wv that would do the same. I also will not hold names to protect the guilty. Just make sure you state the facts and only the facts. Good luck let me know how it works out for you.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Let me know if I can help
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Bad Luck Kennels

Post by Bad Luck Kennels »

I live in Barboursville off of RT.10 if you want to run a little with me. Not to far from you. I don`t have the best dogs out there but they will run a rabbit some times.
Check out my site http://www.badluckkennels.weebly.com

LPGRRCH LPBCH CH HBCH Hunter`s Go Get Em Jake
LPRCH Bad Luck Kennels Little Girl

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

That's awful! I would ask the trainer to help with the vet bill. They were in his possession, so he's responsible, IMO. If I had a renning pen/kennel, I would expect to pay. Heck, I would have called and asked for permission to take the pups to the vet. He doesn't sound very ethical or responsible.
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

bopar8454

Post by bopar8454 »

thanks guys i took them to vet today got them a shot gonna give them a kennel dip tomarrow , they didnt act like the same dogs i took there but after some food, some care and attention they are comming around , we even took them to a good friend and put them in some rabbits this evening and they started act alright so i dont think he has ruined them, as for him paying vet bill i know he should but i dont want any more from that guy but one thing and i think you know what i mean

bopar8454

Post by bopar8454 »

gave them a kennel dip today they had fleas pretty bad , my son says his season is ruined , dont get me wrong guys i still have my 2 dogs to run so thanks for invites to run with ya and wouldnt mind running at all but he was looking forward to running his own dogs and we all know how he feels because theres nothing like running your own hounds, he actually sold his other dog to a friend "cheap" just to make room and time for his pups, and i know the guy is reading this post and dont have the guts to apologize or anything.

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

If it will help your son stay in to beagling the next litter I have he can have a pup free of charge!!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

bopar8454

Post by bopar8454 »

thanks john my female had pups and he is going to keep these to there just not going to be ready for season we need to find a good starting pen here close to us , i work to many hrs a day to do much good myself, but i apriciate all the offers

bopar8454

Post by bopar8454 »

ok guys thanks for the offers and kind words but now i need help collar training these two dogs and dont want to mess things up anymore, they are acting good now and starting to come around real nice, is this something i should do my self ( never done it before ) or take them to someone, if so who

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

man thats just beagling when youall here that first good race u will forget all that hope your luck changes been there myself
BIGDOGPACE

yoteslayer

Post by yoteslayer »

I have had more then my fair share of "downs" as I have gotten back into beagles. I am now getting to the point where I can enjoy running my dogs. Don't give up, I'm glad I didn't. There is a lot of good people out there don't let a few bad ones ruin it for you.

bopar8454

Post by bopar8454 »

Quick update on these two pups thanks to Tullys dog supply in hamlin the pups are looking good all there hair is back and gaining wait and thanks to a lacal starting pe here in branchland letting me and my son come over whenever we was able and work with them they are doing real good collar trained and all so thanks you Bob Workman for the use of pen, the male runs a rabbit like he is mad it , gonna run them with the big dogs soon as i get a chance , my female has been in heat and been working with pups so we havent been out yet, but i think it has done me, my son and the pups good to do this our selves it seems to have made us all closer if that was possible "everyone calls him my shadow. thanks for all the kind offers i know there are alot more good guys out there than bad again thanks for reading
Last edited by bopar8454 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.