Letter from AKC

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

yoteslayer

Re: Letter from AKC

Post by yoteslayer »

Its obvious to me that some people are skipping some of the posts. Like i said early the sire of the sire of my pup is in question. That is the only peice of the puzzle they are looking into. The bottom side of the pedigree is solid. Im not going to pursue my money back as.im happy with the dog i have. The other thing i want to clear up is im not dragging anyones name thru the mud. I am sorry if i offended anyone in my posts. I couldnt have found out this much info without posting here. So i guess i will just take the F'in i was given and roll over. If anyone involved would like to have a man to man conversation feel free to call me. By the way does anyone know what colorado has for rabbits? The tracks here are huge!!!!

Ryan Meier
319-415-8138

old blood beagles

Post by old blood beagles »

---------------------IFC Green Bay Butkus
--------LPRCH FDWNR Coal Mine Specks
---------------------FC Ackerville Abbey

ALL PUPS

------------------FC Glacier Ridge Renegade
-------Shadowed Acres Contradiction
------------------FC Green Bay Blue Bay

If I was the owner of any of the above named hounds, I would do another dna test. I would then post the results of the current test taken and clear my hounds name in this pedigree even if it was not in question. I have a direct ranger dan female that I am going to breed with my male. This female will have a dna result along with my males dna result before I offer any of the offspring if I let any go. I think that the new owner of any of the pups would be more than happy to have a dna test done on that pup showing it is from who you say and this would protect the breeders when something like this happens. If a dog is in question at a later time the breeder of that papered hound can show it was not from him/her.
Bowling's Old Blood Beagles
BOBB's Line of Hounds
Selective breeding of Old Branko "NINJA"/Ranger Dan = BOBB's Line

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

This whole deal may not have had anything to do with the breeders or owners integrity, mistakes happen and should be corrected. I had a grade female in a chain link pen beside my AKC/NKC Pine Mt. Chester dog one time and we later found out he had hung her through the chain link. She had 6 or 7 pups and there was no doubt they were Chester's pups when you saw them. It didn't make any difference because they could have only been registered through NKC ARHA any way because the sire and the dam were both registered through NKC. If the owner of the sire or the dam had a Basset on the property it could have happened. To this day I cringe when I think about him breeding her through a chain link fence. So who knows maybe all parties involved didn't even have a clue.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

yoteslayer wrote:Its obvious to me that some people are skipping some of the posts. Like i said early it is the sire(Butkus) of the sire(Speck)) of my pup that is in question. That is the only piece of the puzzle they are looking into. The bottom side of the pedigree is solid. Im not going to pursue my money back as.im happy with the dog i have. The other thing i want to clear up is im not dragging anyones name thru the mud. I am sorry if i offended anyone in my posts. I couldnt have found out this much info without posting here. So i guess i will just take the F'in i was given and roll over. If anyone involved would like to have a man to man conversation feel free to call me. By the way does anyone know what colorado has for rabbits? The tracks here are huge!!!!

Ryan Meier
319-415-8138
Gene W wrote:
ridgrunner72 wrote: Gene W on page one stated that Speck has been DNA profiled?
What is in question is the sire to yoteslayer's dog, not Specks (the way I understand it).

----------------------------------------NLPC IFC Melanson Ranger Dan (AKC DNA #V45573)
------------------------------IFC Green Bay Shooter (AKC DNA #V280953)
----------------------------------------FC Pine Acres Mollie
--------------------IFC Green Bay Butkus (AKC DNA #V562163)
----------------------------------------NLPC FC SR Donald Butch (AKC DNA #V394777)
------------------------------FC Green Bay Wiley
----------------------------------------FC Busca Bound Minka Marge (AKC DNA #V662130)
----------Coal Mine Specks (AKC DNA #V678569)
----------------------------------------IFC Fredy Line Joe (AKC DNA #V103751)
------------------------------FC Green Bay Dickey Doo (AKC DNA #V538434)
----------------------------------------IFC Murray's Holly Prop
--------------------FCLP Ackerville Abbey
----------------------------------------NLPC FC SR Donald Butch (AKC DNA #V394777)
------------------------------FC Green Bay Wiley
----------------------------------------FC Busca Bound Minka Marge (AKC DNA #V662130)
-----Chasin' Smoke And Mirrors
----------------------------------------NLPC IFC Melanson Ranger Dan (AKC DNA #V45573)
------------------------------IFC Green Bay Shooter (AKC DNA #V280953)
----------------------------------------FC Pine Acres Mollie
--------------------FC Glacier Ridge Renegade (AKC DNA #V411724)
----------------------------------------Pooh Bears Brewster
------------------------------Natures Newborn Reba
----------------------------------------Spring Creek Kate II
----------Shadowed Acres Contradiction
----------------------------------------IFC MJR Mitsou Argenteuil Striker (AKC DNA #V135637)
------------------------------Maravic's Blues Clues (AKC DNA #V339994)
----------------------------------------FC Maravic's Blue Moon
--------------------FC Green Bay Blue Bay
----------------------------------------FC Maravic's Aladdin (AKC DNA #V105762)
------------------------------FC Mr Stubs Nikita
----------------------------------------Maravic's Mr Stubs Dianna
No, it is the sire of Speck that is in question. The DNA doesn't seem to match up to Butkus being his sire... just the way I read it. :nod:
The notion that Speck isn't the sire of Yotie's hound is another whole different can of worms... :eyes:

old blood beagles

Has there been any new news on this from AKC or how about the owners of the hounds doing what is right for this young man?
BOBB's Line of Hounds

yoteslayer

Post by yoteslayer »

No more news from AKC. I have had numerous offers of free or very cheap hounds from many people. Most of these people have nothing to do with the situation, but just want to help. It goes to show you that there are many good people left in the world. I would like to thank everyone who called me last week and anyone who has offered help. I have talked to many people in the last two weeks, and everyone has been very helpful with info or offers for dogs and just offering information. I will update you guys with info, when and if that info is available to me.

Thanks Ryan

old blood beagles

Ryan,

I hope that everything works out for you and I am glad to see that alot of the members on this board are offering to help. It is a shame that something like this has happened.
BOBB's Line of Hounds

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

i have heard of dogs breeding through a fence never seen it maybe owner did not know it even happened; dogs can get bred while running; then owner finds out she is in heat breeds her few days later thinking the dog is sire of the pups possibily can see how accidental things could happen i dont think any one knowing todays technology would jeapordize their akc priviledges intentionally by ignoring the truth to big of a chance to take (LOL dogs are like sneaky teenagers doing things not suppose to happen given the chance sometimes)

ericwaddle3

Post by ericwaddle3 »

Not a big fan of akc, and how they do business. It's all a money scheme, just for a piece of paper. That being said I have owned many akc dogs, and some that weren't. Right now I have 3 beagles, 2 grade, one registered out of a field trail dog. All are younger, but guess who the best dog is? Also have a a full blooded Aussie, no papers, he and corrals anything I tell her too and may be the smartest dog I've ever owned, and she just turned 1 three days ago, akc will only paper her so I can compete/show her if I get her spayed .
Waddle’s Crankin Ada
Waddle’s Crankin Ratchet
Waddle’s Crankin Bella
R.I.P
FCGD GRPCH WOLDPCH PPRCH Show Me's Crank
PCH Waddle’s Jazzmanian Devil
Waddle's Blooming Pixie

yoteslayer

Post by yoteslayer »

Wow how did this thread get brought back up??? Im gonna hear about this im sure.... Somehow this will be my fault too.

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

What Did the AKC Do about your Hound, in the End?

I was jsut wondering if they let you Keep the Your AKC Papers?

Thanks,
Daddy Rabbit~~~~~~~~~~>Dixie Land!!!!!!>>
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

bill (flint river )

Post by bill (flint river ) »

yoteslayer wrote:Wow how did this thread get brought back up??? Im gonna hear about this im sure.... Somehow this will be my fault too.

stand your ground, u did nothing wrong!!!

paper issue ben going on for years, know with dna, guys are going to get caught.

why would some body pull up a 8 month old thread??? :bash:

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Old threads are pulled up all the time, when things get slow or people get bored. Sometimes they pull up threads about FC's just when theres a new batch of puppy's born or breeding made to sell the pups. There's most always a motivation behind action, money, greed or sometimes, just unanswered questions or truths to be brought to light.
Take your pick on this one, we all know if it's big enough or enough time has passed AKC will let it slide... :nod:

warddog

Post by warddog »

We never did hear how all this panned out and if I were the owner of any of the dogs in the pedigree I'd sure want the truth put on the public forum where it originated. Seemed to be a lot of coulda, shoulda and woulda and I was also wondering what dida happen.

APFII

Post by APFII »

warddog wrote:We never did hear how all this panned out and if I were the owner of any of the dogs in the pedigree I'd sure want the truth put on the public forum where it originated. Seemed to be a lot of coulda, shoulda and woulda and I was also wondering what dida happen.
AKC found the correct sire of the Acerville Abby litter and issued new and correct papers. What happened after that litter I have no knowledge .