IFC Greenwell's Reggie

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Re: IFC Greenwell's Reggie

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Possibly in the Midwestern states.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

bill (flint river )

Post by bill (flint river ) »

bunnytracks wrote:could Reggie possibly be the top reproducing hound alive today?

no way . when u account for how many times he was bread. reggie is a hound not a blood line.

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

bill (flint river ) wrote:
bunnytracks wrote:could Reggie possibly be the top reproducing hound alive today?

no way . when u account for how many times he was bread. reggie is a hound not a blood line.
Pretty sure he said HOUND!! You don't become Top Sire for 3 years+ running by not producing so all the people that want to say he isn't well I guess they just can't stand seeing the main man on top!! That's what's so cool about being popular, you have HATERS and if HATERS didn't exist it would be no fun!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

bill (flint river )

johns03272008 wrote:

Pretty sure he said HOUND!! You don't become Top Sire for 3 years+ running by not producing so all the people that want to say he isn't well I guess they just can't stand seeing the main man on top!! That's what's so cool about being popular, you have HATERS and if HATERS didn't exist it would be no fun!!
well I will just remember what terry Mcbride told me about reggie!!! the man was as honest as the day was long.

Chimney Rock Kennel

Post by Chimney Rock Kennel »

the big argument against Reggie is the "well he has been bred so many times" . I really don't understand how you all can use that against the dog if anything that proves what a reproducer really should be. A few quick questions ....why is his numbers so high? Pretty sure he has never been offered for free public stud...if Reggie didn't reproduce what people wanted then why do people continually come back for repeat breedings? If Reggie isn't the top reproducer alive today then who is? .....everyone is entitled to there own opinion and this is mine. IMO if you want to breed to a hound that continually throws way above average RABBIT HOUNDS then yes Reggie is the dog for you. When the last time you have seen Terry on here bashing other stud dogs just to bump Reggie's numbers?
Home of

NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Bad Moon Rising
FCGD LPRCH Chimney Rock's KY Lucky
NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Shooting Star

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

I know one thing. I've got a nice 10 month old gyp out of him. Doing really good.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

You all gotta remember, if every Beagler out there field trialed then their would be a lot more champs and grands, and probably more FC's out of Reggie and every big name stud dog too. Just because they don't get field trialed doesn't mean they aren't good...

Btw, I don't have a dog out of Reggie. Just stating the obvious.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

How big is Reggie up north ?
TheJohnBirchSociety

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

littlewoody wrote:How big is Reggie up north ?
Not real popular, but that might be to logistical challenges. If I'm not mistaken Monkman bred a couple females to Reggie, but it didn't work out for him. I'm not aware of any placing dogs in the NMHA. Ky Lucky, Chester, Cosmo, Ohio Reggie, Switch, and I'm sure I've missed a few, are very good dogs. I liked the Moon dog too. He could be a little radical but his hunt, desire, and ability to move it out was impressive. Actually, if I judged one of the White Water trials he would've won and finished. The judges did a good job, just different opinions and views than me and that certainly doesn't make them wrong. The last dog that placed for me was out of Reggie and a Bingo's Mr Postman female. Hoog's Rachel female(full sister to Ohio Reggie and Cosmo) is also a tuff little hound. I can't remember if she finished, needs a win, or just needs a few points.

golden acres

Post by golden acres »

My buddy has got a good one up here in Michigan. I have judged some out of Reggie in Michigan that i would have liked to own.
Golden Acre Supplies 616-813-0814 (Cell)
http://www.goldenacresupplies.com

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

Pine Lakes, Talkabout Rachel only needs some points to finish!! Tuff bitch with more energy and dog work than most dogs out there!! She has no bottom end and hunts like the woods is on fire!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

bunnytracks

Post by bunnytracks »

extreme hunt, search, line control, handeling, brains, competive, what else could you ask for ?

allniter

Post by allniter »

I Had a littler from REGGIE and BLUE JASPER female about 6-7 years ago still have [2] dogs from the littler m/f----true blueticks -kept all the pups and started them --running a [4] months old --- I will show them to any one --not a shame of them in any way
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

bill (flint river )

littlewoody wrote:How big is Reggie up north ?

reggie didn't handle the pressure well up north his first go around, he was rough, didn't handle pack pressure. that is why he was sent back.

this is the reason u don't see a lot of him in the northern states.

but if u look at his pedigree, u see a lot of good blood, it all goes back to trimmer. jack reproduced back then. reggie did finsh after he was sent back and had time to relax.

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Hey Bill in Reggies defense, he was getting packed or trialed every freaking weekend. Had he of been run correctly he would of never been sent back. Never the Less he come back and did it. Constant pack pressure as we know can be a Bitzh, somebody mentioned Cookie. I could tell within 10 mins if she had been soloed or not when she came to the Midwest.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.