PKC rule question

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Parker7

PKC rule question

Post by Parker7 »

Two dogs strike in with four minutes left in the hunt. A third dog strikes in with two and a half minutes left in the hunt.................. No rabbit is produced. How do you score this?

All three get minus 10 or first two dogs get a minus and third dogs minus points get deleted? I dont know? Help me out here guys. Hope I explained this well enough to understand

hskennels69

Re: PKC rule question

Post by hskennels69 »

First dog struck gets a 100- second dog gets 75- the dog that struck with less than 3 minutes points get deleted.
Home of:
LP R. CH. UKC DUAL CH. PKC SILVER CHAMPION OLD DIRTY SOUTH PLAYBOY
H&S MUSTANG SALLY

Parker7

Post by Parker7 »

But doesn't the rules say They have three minutes from the time the first dog barks and is struck in. After three minutes it's plus or minus points? In this case the dogs had four minutes left in the hunt. I would think at the end of three minutes they would all get A minus and then there would be one minute left in the hunt.

Connie Young

Post by Connie Young »

The first question is this:
Did they make reasonable forward progress?
If no rabbit is seen , but reasonable forward progress was made- as moving a rabbit forward - then the points would be circled.

The third dog would be the same as the others as it has to be at or after the 2 minute mark to be deleted.
bUT- I SEE WHERE YOU SAY THE THIRD DOG DIDN'T STRIKE IN TIL 2 1/2 MINUTES.. SO THEREFORE- HE DID NOT HAVE THE FULL 3 MINUTES SO SEE RULE 7 B. HE WOULD NOT BE DELETED. BUT AGAIN WAS THERE ANY FORWARD PROGRESS?

Or did the time just run out on him?

Note:
Rule 7 B ; states "CIRCLE POINTS: DOGS ARE TRAILING; REASONABLE FORWARD PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE; TIME RUNS OUT; AND RABBIT HAS NOT BEEN SEEN."

RULE 6a STATES: POINTS WILL BE MINUS ; " WHEN REASONABLE FORWARD PROGRESS IS NOT MADE WITHIN A 3 MINUTE PERIOD AFTER THE FIRST DOG HAS BEEN DECLARED STRUCK. ANY DOG THAT IS STRUCK IN AFTER TWO MINUTES HAS ELAPSED OF THE FIRST DOG BEING STRCK, SHALL HAVE IT POINTS DELETED. if REASONABLE FORWRD PROGRESS IS NOT MADE. ACTUAL SIGHTING OF THE RABBIT WITHIN (3) THREE MINUTES IS NOT REQUIRED FOR REASONABLE PROGRESS TO BE ESTABLISHED.

I hope this answers your question.. if you still have questions feel free to ask or give me or one of your rep's a call.

Connie Young

pross

Post by pross »

Based on what you described, all 3 dogs would be minused. The 3 minutes to produce a rabbit only applies to the first dog struck in and you stated that there was 2.5 minutes left in the hunt when the third dog struck so that means he struck in 1.5 minutes after the first dog struck in. Therefore, dog 1 -100, dog 2 -75, and dog 3 -50. See the second rule that Connie posted. I think it covers exactly the scenario you mentioned. JMO

Parker7

Post by Parker7 »

Deffently no forward progress was made.

So in a nut shell, if I understand this right. Any dog that barked in the first two minutes from the time the first dog barked will get a minus. Any dog that was striked in after two minutes will get its points deleted. Did I interpret that right?

By the way this really happened in a fun hunt me and some buddies were having. This is a ongoing argument between us. So I thought I would post it to get the answer. Really thought it would be pretty simple. Guess not :bash:

Parker7

Post by Parker7 »

pross wrote:Based on what you described, all 3 dogs would be minused. The 3 minutes to produce a rabbit only applies to the first dog struck in and you stated that there was 2.5 minutes left in the hunt when the third dog struck so that means he struck in 1.5 minutes after the first dog struck in. Therefore, dog 1 -100, dog 2 -75, and dog 3 -50. See the second rule that Connie posted. I think it covers exactly the scenario you mentioned. JMO

This is what I thought should of happened and is how I interpret the rules. But I'm new to this pkc format

J.R Dunlap

Post by J.R Dunlap »

Parker
i think you got it any dog struck in after 2 will be deleted if the rabbit don't go plus or circle.

PKC East Region Rep
Robert Dunlap

Parker7

Post by Parker7 »

Thanks Robert Dunlap
Maybe somebody needs to look at rewording some of them rules. I talked to a lot of pkc guys in my area and was surprised at all the different answers I was getting. Makes me feel better I'm not the only one having trouble understanding this one. :lol:

pross

Post by pross »

Doesn't your post say, the third dog struck in with 2 1/2 minutes left in the hunt? That is 1 1/2 minutes after dog 1 so dog 3 would not have points deleted. Sorry, now I see that is what you posted also.
Last edited by pross on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PrussiaValleyKennels

Post by PrussiaValleyKennels »

All three dogs should be minused if no reasonable forward progress was made,dog 3 would be deleted if he struck in 2 minutes after the first dog stuck,but like pross said dog 3 struck in 1 1/2 minutes after the first dog.
"Put some power in your pack"
prussiavalleykennels.weebly.com

AprilD

Post by AprilD »

Parker , we have the same issue in UKC rules. They need rewording too. You should see the debates on some of those questions!
April D
Grantville, PA

Connie Young

Post by Connie Young »

Here is what I understand from what you're stating:

Dog #1 - no forward progress will be MINUSED -100
Dog #2 - no forward progress will be MINUSED -75
Dog #3 - was under the 2 minute time - so therefore his -50 will be deleted..

IS THIS WHAT YOU GET ?
I know a lot of guys do not get the points being deleted after the 2 minute mark, but I didn't make these rules.
but, at this time we do have to go by them.

Connie

Full Throttle

Post by Full Throttle »

All three dogs will be Minus. If there were four minutes left in the hunt when the first dog struck in The other two dogs are in the same three minutes timeframe as the first dog struck therefore all three dogs would have been minus and there would have been one minute left in the hunt. The third dog struck in one minute and a half from the first dog. If he would have struck after two minutes from the first dogs strike he would have been deleted. Just because the third dog struck in with less than three minutes left in the Hunt does not apply he is still on the timeframe as the first dog.

Full Throttle

Post by Full Throttle »

Parker7 wrote:But doesn't the rules say They have three minutes from the time the first dog barks and is struck in. After three minutes it's plus or minus points? In this case the dogs had four minutes left in the hunt. I would think at the end of three minutes they would all get A minus and then there would be one minute left in the hunt.
(....YOU ARE CORRECT....)