beagle clubs pen sizes?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

rabbit chaser

beagle clubs pen sizes?

Post by rabbit chaser »

I got to wondering after reading all the chat about the LP trial last weekend at Bay De Noc about just how big the pens are at the clubs up north running midwest style hounds. I belong to a couple of clubs down here but have never been in the U.P. or northern wisconsin and our club dont have a pen. Anyone know how big the pens are that they run in up there?
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

yoteslayer

Re: beagle clubs pen sizes?

Post by yoteslayer »

I ran in the pen at Green bay kennels, his is around 40 acres.

Dark Holler Beagles

Post by Dark Holler Beagles »

I was at the Adirondack beagle hare club in NY to pick up a dog and met some really great beaglers. Anyway, they had several pens. One I believe was around 100 acres , another over 60, and some smaller ones. What a great club and great people.
Brad D
Dark Holler Beagles

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I used to belong to the Claremont Beagle Club in New Hampshire.We had three enclosures.One 125 acres,one 90 acres and a starting pen for dogs a year old or younger of 25 acres.
White Mtn. Beagle Club in N.H. had a 50 acre pen and very good thick cover.
Vermont Beagle Club and Northfield Beagle Club in Vt. have outstanding enclosures and I believe both are close to 200 acres.
All of these clubs run Large Pack on Hare trials.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch