Tenn and Alabama guys help me out here!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mtnwaykennel

Tenn and Alabama guys help me out here!

Post by mtnwaykennel »

Hey guys we are looking for a new place to chase our second passion in life... Catfish.

I have been reading about Pickwick lake and see there is several cat guides and some pretty impressive pictures...

Any of you guys or gals have any imput on this??? I am open to suggestions on this and even another place if you know anywhere better....

Thanks
Bill Woods
276-698-0775. Holla at me!
We still doin' it the MtnWay!

lebro

Re: Tenn and Alabama guys help me out here!

Post by lebro »

any where on tennessee river is good for blues or come to ky and fish the green with me.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

Fleetwood

Post by Fleetwood »

Hey Mtnway, I hear that Lake Norman done near Mooresville, NC is great for big blues this time of year. That's pretty close to you ain't it?

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Are you wanting to catch a big number of cats or just a big one? Is it for picture taking or are you planning on eating them?
Some waters are cleaner than others.
What cat do you like best? I like flatheads best.

duckbuster38401

Post by duckbuster38401 »

Hard to beat the TN river, we fish at the dam a lot and catch big fish and good numbers too.
Jason McMeen
931-446-1467

james p

Post by james p »

for eating i would say the new river big cats and tasty i small mouth fish there and at night catch some nice cats,but i live on the ohio river and catch several cat over 40 to 50 pounds a year but would not eat one ............................................james

mtnwaykennel

Post by mtnwaykennel »

I have fished Norman and we go to Santee a couple times a year.. I was looking for new water and new people to meet lol. I am looking for eaters and some big boys as well. James river here has some good cats ... but I was thinking to get away for a weekend or so. We fish the new river alot... and I was just looking at PickWick as an option because I have never been there. Keep it coming guys... how is the fishing on the Tn river and what part of it ???

Amd ps.... I have an unhealthy obsession with flatheads lol

Thanks!!!

Bill Woods
276-698-0775. Holla at me!
We still doin' it the MtnWay!

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

The Coosa is good too. Cleaner is the Tennessee and Coosa both the further North Dams. I also like around the dog food plant in Guntersville, Alabama.