2011-2012 Season for West Virginians

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mike Gibeaut

Re: 2011-2012 Season for West Virginians

Post by Mike Gibeaut »

Hunting private farms that we have permission to huni
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home

Mike Gibeaut

Post by Mike Gibeaut »

Hunting private farms goin to Clay County next week has been A honey hole for us in the past
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home

jlupem

Post by jlupem »

Sounds good Mike. I am sure hunting private land is alot better then public land. The public land we hunt gets hunted to death.
LUIKART KENNEL

PrideHillKennel

Post by PrideHillKennel »

Been a good season for us so far. On a couple of days we have jumped up to 12-13 rabbits. We killed several earlier before deer season and a few hear recently but mainly just running. Have had some really good chases and some are short. Dogs are all doing a good job and the pups are showing lots of promise. We hunt and run mainly private land
LpGrRch LpGrBch Pride Hill Blue Boy
LpGrRch Pride Hill Drive On Crockett
LpGrRch Pride Hill Ribbon
LpRch PHK June Bug
LpRch PHK Misty

mcardery2k

Post by mcardery2k »

Most of the private areas we had to hunt the rabbits are gone. We hunt a few public places and if we jump 5 we have had a big day. I have not carried a gun the last several trips because I just don't feel we have the rabbits to kill. I sure would like to know where in WV guys are jumping that many rabbits. I have not seen a dead rabbit on the highway for 2 years. We are even thinking about getting our Ohio License.
Mark~
Mark Carder
skyviewsbeagles.com

Beagler95

Post by Beagler95 »

We are having a good year as well. We jump usually around 10 rabbits and kill bout 3 or 4 of them. We hunt private land mostly.
Gobbler Creek Kennel
Rabbit dogs with great conformation!
At Stud: PCH GRCH Cedar Grove's Mossy Oak
~The Gobbler Creek Website~