Bernerd Mullinex

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Sundown Beagles

Bernerd Mullinex

Post by Sundown Beagles »

Working on an article. Would like to get some info from those who ran with him, purchased hounds or bred to his hounds. Thanks Dave

BCBeagles

Re: Bernerd Mullinex

Post by BCBeagles »

I did not get the privilege to run with him, but in talking with him on the phone for a couple very extended conversations, he was a WEALTH of first hand knowledge on hounds!! He traveled all over and saw them first hand, not hear say with him. He told me he saw Indian Hill's Major run over 100 times. He bred alot to him early on. GREAT MAN, was Bernard!!!

Mike Gibeaut

Post by Mike Gibeaut »

You have A pm
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home

Sundown Beagles

Post by Sundown Beagles »

Thanks guys, Got a few contacts to get a hold of. Can anyone tell me what they felt was his best hound and why?

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

bernards producer was Murphy's Buddy a littermate to Joe Wingates (Better Beagling high hound 1983 13 bitch FC JOACYNS ELVIRA). Buddy was injured never got to trial i do believe. Bernard use to call me once a week up til he died.He was great friends with Bil Scott now dead that had IFC MADGE SCOTT there in wv. They were friends with Joe Wingate (1987 HIGH HOUND IFC WINGATES BRANDON) Joe knew him well can contact him at 252 566 9784 cell. Also he was good frIends with KKs dad Jeff Parsley and Lowell Smith of WV.Steve Church

Katelyn

Post by Katelyn »

*I Got to Run with this old Man ,I Loved Bernard to Death.
In Fact, Wen he died I went to his funeral & I cryed. :(
I Miss him so much.
---Bernard Bred some of the best dogs ,I've ever ran with.
Bout 3 Years ago we were runnin & He had a BLk & tn dog ,& I wanted him & well Bernard Gave him to mee.
I thoughted Keen was the best dog ever ,He stayed in the house until Dcember 25th, 2009 I was gunna go hunttin & Keen went out with me to go get the other dogs, & He got Killed right there in front of me & I tryed to free him from the wire ,but I couldnt. I cryed my eyes outt he was only 2 years old & his name was Mt State O K Keen .
* Bernard bred his Female AKC Fld Wnr Mt State Little Cry Baby to him before he died & we bred BlueWay Black Velvet to him & they wern't even born wen he died.
Well Wen Cry Baby's Pups were 5 weeks old ,Bernard came down & I didnt want the pup cuzz I quit ,but he tlaked me into it & now I got My baby & he stays in the house & doesnt go out on CHRISTMAS DAY !!!!
AKC Fld Wnr KK's BlueWay Super Sonic.

thornie

Post by thornie »

Dave, had to do a little research, Bernard and WV boys were up when we ran the Woodbury Classic, what a great time. This brings back a good time in beageling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmDF9vvyD5I
To old to cut the mustard, you can always run beagles

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

nice run midwest style exxxxcitinggg sorry about your dog KK yep bernard was a good man knew his dogs miss him too

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

I ran with him and watched several hounds of his breeding run. He had some powerhouse hounds. He had a simple view of breeding better hounds he told me in one of our conversations that he wouldn't breed any female of his to a hound that couldn't beat her in the field. For his hounds it took a great hound to beat them.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. "Benjamin Franklin" 1759