Problem with e-collars

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Conley

Problem with e-collars

Post by Conley »

My e-collars are bumping the legs of my hounds as they run, making them sore and bloody, any solutions?
Tritronics, Classic 70S

HOLLABACK

Re: Problem with e-collars

Post by HOLLABACK »

try putting them on the back of their necks for a bit.Sometimes we retrofit collars ourselves.We put the unit on the same collar as our tracking collars.It helps them mount on the sides for equal balance.I'm use to running larger beagles here in Maine and dont have any problem,but shorter beagles I could see where it would get in their way.Hope this helps...
HOLLABACK HOUNDS & GUIDE SERVICE
(Bear,Cat,Coon,& Rabbit)
Baileyville,Maine
1-207-271-0610

allniter

Post by allniter »

cut them off
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

Conley

Post by Conley »

"cut them off"? please explain further...

dogwhisperer

Post by dogwhisperer »

Regardless of what you do the tri tronics will ruin your dogs leggs. That's one of the reasons I switched to sportdog better design and don't cripple your dogs and leave big knots on their legs
HOF COMP HOF REP GRRCH GRBCH TURBO POWERED BY TURBO
GRRCH BCH POOR BOY POWERED HANK
GRRCH BCH SUGARRUN TRIPLE X
RCH SUGARRUN EARTH RATLIN RUBY
RCH SUGARRUN ROCK-N-ROOSTER
RCH BURR OAK SUZIE

RuffKutBeagles

Post by RuffKutBeagles »

Are you sure you dont need a smaller collar? I use Tri-tronics on my 11 or 12" little beagle and when training 5 & 6 month old pups but have NEVER had this problem. My dogs also run fast, hard & go through the brush. I think the receiver is too big for your beagle(s).

bryanray

Post by bryanray »

we ve ran tri tronics on 9'' beagles and 4month old beagles and never had this problem

Chip E

Post by Chip E »

Conley;
Are you using the G-2 or G-3 Collars or are you using the older style Tri-tronics Collars as sometimes they would bump the Dogs front legs until they redesigned them to be a little bit smaller. Other than that just make sure that they are tight as I use them on young pups that are about 13" and no problem.

les guynn

Post by les guynn »

Just but the collars on tite leave room for finger to slide under, I have used all 3 tritonics collars on small dogs and on big dogs for the last 25 years never did have any drouble with them rubbing a dogs leg.

allniter

Post by allniter »

SORRY CONLEY ----I thought your collars ends were hitting dogs legs ---I use T T and haven't had any problem with them hitting dog legs --but I hunt 15" dogs
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM