I have a huge problem!!!!!! Any help?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mo. Beagler 5000

Re: I have a huge problem!!!!!! Any help?

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

18 rabbits caught in three months.. are you running wild rabbits or in a starting pen? I'm not tryin to be a smart A or anything but thats phenominal for a dog.. DO you have any video of your dogs runnin you could post..? I would lvoe to see a dog that fast!!

My pack usually catches one or two a year but it always worries me the rabbit is sick or somehting for that to occour..
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

old blood beagles

Post by old blood beagles »

beagler 5000, I thought my hound was very fast and catching 6 this year during the summer and this last time, I was :biggrin: from ear to ear. 18 is just unheard of in 3 months, but if she says it who am I to not take her at face value. More luck to you young lady and I would love to put our two hounds together someday and see how they stack up.
Bowling's Old Blood Beagles
BOBB's Line of Hounds
Selective breeding of Old Branko "NINJA"/Ranger Dan = BOBB's Line

mundellm

Post by mundellm »

just curious ...whats thier pedigree?

old blood beagles

My male is off of IFC Greenbay Shooter and a double Ninja/double Ali-Baba female.
BOBB's Line of Hounds

Katelyn

Post by Katelyn »

Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote:18 rabbits caught in three months.. are you running wild rabbits or in a starting pen? I'm not tryin to be a smart A or anything but thats phenominal for a dog.. DO you have any video of your dogs runnin you could post..? I would lvoe to see a dog that fast!!

My pack usually catches one or two a year but it always worries me the rabbit is sick or somehting for that to occour..
iF THERE WAS ANYWAY i WOUD ,I GOT IT ON VIDEO 6 OR 7X ,MY COMPUTER GOT CLEANED :( SUCKS.
nEW COMPUTER GUNNA TRYIN GIT MORE. HE IS AWSOME ,WISH YOU COULD SEE EM' RUN.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Old Blood that is one of the things I love about the Ranger Dan/Shooter bred hounds. They can get locked on a rabbit when scent is right and really, really put the pressure on them!
Have one directly off of Shooter and one off of Butkus and they can do a real nice job on a rabbit, also have one of off Top Gun Tyke and she can move out on one accurately as well!!

Katelyn

Post by Katelyn »

PED N PICTURE. HE IS IS ABOUT 2 YEARS OLD.

bryanray

Post by bryanray »

hookset put ur picture of ole rut-roo and pedigree ..... man wait till you see him

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

old blood beagles wrote:My problem is that my hounds are just too good. I was running them today just for fun and "Dan" caught another rabbit. This makes six this year. What am I to do?????????????? :twisted:
That's a good problem to have Duane. Wish I had your problem. :nod:

old blood beagles

Chuck

From what I have heard about "Undertaker" I think you do have that problem. You really do need to run him in the AKC Mid-West.
BOBB's Line of Hounds

goodpickens

Post by goodpickens »

bryanray wrote:hookset put ur picture of ole rut-roo and pedigree ..... man wait till you see him
That dog had any shorter legs, he could go in the hole and pull the rabbits out.

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

A single year and a half old male caught 18 rabbits in 3 months :shock:....I assume that is solo or braced?

I saw a pack of 48 big males (all FC or FTC) only catch 3 in 9hrs of pounding...in a pen...the following day 14 big males pounded most of the day in a pen and I don't think they caught any.

Congrats, he must be a great one because that is really unbelievable.
FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

Katelyn

Post by Katelyn »

Ohiohntr wrote:A single year and a half old male caught 18 rabbits in 3 months :shock:....I assume that is solo or braced?

I saw a pack of 48 big males (all FC or FTC) only catch 3 in 9hrs of pounding...in a pen...the following day 14 big males pounded most of the day in a pen and I don't think they caught any.

Congrats, he must be a great one because that is really unbelievable.
Ask anyone that runs with me ,Im not juss braggin (i love to brag on Sonic ,dont git me rong)
but ,He has Super Sonic Speed & line control !!!!!!!
We've Braced him ,then soloed ,then run em' inna pack ,i all the sudden herd sonic drop out ,then bout 2 mins later the pack shut off ,here come sonic with a full grown buck 3 days ago ,then we had to call the pack in b/c they couldnt figure it out.

Mike Gibeaut

Post by Mike Gibeaut »

If you do not want your dog catching rabbits.Here is A method I have used tie one of their front legs up this will slow them down I have found tying the front leg works better than one the back legs.I have been working on their running on posted land to quit barking until back on property that I have permission to hunt have not quite got this down yet but making progress
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

Dang...he was running a full 2min ahead of the rest of the pack and then to catch a buck rabbit to boot. :shock:

I don't need to ask your friends, sounds good to me....

Based on how I calculated it most dogs average about 4mph (Garmin) on track so that means he was almost 250 yards ahead of the pack when he caught it. I would say to catch that many rabbits he is probably running more around 8mph which put him just short of 500 yards, or 1/3 of a mile, ahead....that is some crazy stuff there....unreal.
Last edited by Ohiohntr on Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot