what do you perfer?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

southerncomfort

what do you perfer?

Post by southerncomfort »

When looking at a dogs pedigree would you rather have the better hunter on the maternal or paternal side? I know that the obvious answer would be great hunters on both sides, but does the dog get his or her hunting traits from Dad or Mom?
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

Casey Harner

Re: what do you perfer?

Post by Casey Harner »

southerncomfort wrote:When looking at a dogs pedigree would you rather have the better hunter on the maternal or paternal side? I know that the obvious answer would be great hunters on both sides, but does the dog get his or her hunting traits from Dad or Mom?

I'd like to think they get them from their grand parents the most..... but who knows!
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

PREACHERS KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

if i had to pick i would say dads side.

but if both dont have it i probably wont breed those 2. just according how great that female ran i suppose.
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

Dave Swiger

Post by Dave Swiger »

Like my statement at the bottom reads

I breed rabbit dogs to rabbit dogs to get rabbit dogs.

Both need to add to the mix. How many dogs in a three generation ped. have you really seen run? If the sire and the dam arnt rabbit dogs i dont care what behind them.

Dave

bucks better beagles

Post by bucks better beagles »

See Dave's post on line breeding. Explains everything pretty well. I think it said 50/50