sportdog 3225

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

pabstman

sportdog 3225

Post by pabstman »

Anyone been using this unit? I Would like to here some reviews. Thx

Dan440

Re: sportdog 3225

Post by Dan440 »

just buy tri tronics it is better and it is made in the USA
LIVE ACTION KENNELS
FCGD MAUCH ONE MILI
FCGD DAGO VALLEY BULLET
FCGD STARS N STRIPES JR.
FCGD LIVE ACTION MILI'S MAYHEM
FCGD LIVE ACTION RANGER MCDANIELS
FCGD LIVE ACTION ALL DAY ABBEY

hookset

Post by hookset »

Dan440 wrote:just buy tri tronics it is better and it is made in the USA
+1

Brice McGlamery

Post by Brice McGlamery »

I own two sets of the 3225 and it is the best collar I have ever owned and I have owned tritronics and other brands. It has the two mile range and also has the buzzer or vibrate on it .The people at Sport Dog stand behind their product. You can carry the reciever in your shirt pocket.

Brice

hookset

Post by hookset »

Brice McGlamery wrote: buzzer or vibrate on it .The people at Sport Dog stand behind their product.
The vibrate deal is pretty neat, but they don't stand behind their product. I've heard a lot of people say that, but I had 2 Sportdog units and they didn't stand behind any of it. Problably the worst I've ever been treated by any customer service from any company, shocking collar or otherwise. Not only refused to fix the problems, but I've never been treated so rudely. Ever.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

Dude sport dog has the best customer service ive ever seen.. In warranty they send you a brand new unit before they even get yours back.. NO QUESTIONS asked even multiple times on the same unit.. PLUS they upgraded me FREE FREE FREE to the 3225 unit and its the best collar I have ever owned.. EVER.. I even lost an 1825 collar two weeks after buying it and they gave me one for 40 bucks...

Vibrate and tone.. batteries in the 3225 are lithium ion and last forever in the field it seems.. small enough for beagles.. tough as nails..

Unless you call up their and be an A$$ to them I have never heard bad from them..

it is made in china but thats prob why it works sadly...
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

hookset

Post by hookset »

Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote:Unless you call up their and be an A$$ to them
You know people who know me dude. How many of them have told you that I act like that. It may happen every once in a blue moon, but it's not the norm. I'm telling you my experience with their customer service, and my units were JUNK. And FYI, I treated them with the utmost respect until they told me how stupid I was for messing up their unit (a brand new one, my second).

Mo. Beagler 5000

Well.... why did you mess up their unit stupid..... twice?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

just kidding... I wasn't trying to be a jerk

i had the 400 once and it was pile of SHEEEt but they sent me three units and apologized to me for it sucking so bad and never even one time got upset.. just replaced it quick.. when the warranty ran out i bought a better unit for hunting and the range sucked so they sent me another one..

I must have got new units from them and had them help me program the units about 10 times and never once had a problem.. I won't buy anything else even if the product did suck because they treat me good.. but the 3225 is a winner for sure.. man that thing is cool and works good

Lawsonsbeagles

Post by Lawsonsbeagles »

I dont have the 3225 but i wouldnt hesitate in buying it if i needed one. I use the 2500 and have collars off the 2000 that i have had for probably 8 years and still work good. Never even changed the batteries. I run probably 3 days a week year around and these have held up better then i could have ever asked for. I called sportdog to check on upgrades and they were really nice to me. Even said the collars i have had so long that i broke when i cleaned them could be upgraded for like 40 dollars to the new ones.
The only thing i dont like about the collars is the way they hook up to charge. I dont know about the 3225 but most the other units plug in and the prongs are easily broke. Thats the only complaint i have on them. Batteries and distance
are good. But these are devices that can and will have bad ones ever so often. Nothing produces something that is 100 percent perfect every time. But i have had good luck so far with mine.
Lawson's Beagles
Jeff Lawson

Mo. Beagler 5000

the 3225 has a stupid craddle system and you charge it from the contact points... Its annoying because the longer collar strap you have makes it awkwrd..

thats my one complaint but it has zero effect on performance so i dont mind it

Lawsonsbeagles

Post by Lawsonsbeagles »

Glad they changed the charging contacts. If mine ever stops working i will try with the 3225.
Lawson's Beagles
Jeff Lawson

MI-Beagler

Post by MI-Beagler »

I own a 3225, never a problem at all. I love mine and wouldn't trade it for any system out there.

Matt
"Teamwork is the linchpin of a successful rabbit hunting campaign" - Robert L Mason

billy

Post by billy »

I have had good luck with mine. Their costumer service has a bad apple, I forget what her name is, but she is rude. The others I have delt with were great. My sport dog units have been better than the tt.
pprch Dano's Baby Girl

billy

Post by billy »

Lawsonsbeagles wrote:I dont have the 3225 but i wouldnt hesitate in buying it if i needed one. I use the 2500 and have collars off the 2000 that i have had for probably 8 years and still work good. Never even changed the batteries. I run probably 3 days a week year around and these have held up better then i could have ever asked for. I called sportdog to check on upgrades and they were really nice to me. Even said the collars i have had so long that i broke when i cleaned them could be upgraded for like 40 dollars to the new ones.
The only thing i dont like about the collars is the way they hook up to charge. I dont know about the 3225 but most the other units plug in and the prongs are easily broke. Thats the only complaint i have on them. Batteries and distance
are good. But these are devices that can and will have bad ones ever so often. Nothing produces something that is 100 percent perfect every time. But i have had good luck so far with mine.

the new collars set in a charger, no pins.
pprch Dano's Baby Girl

Spini Boys

Post by Spini Boys »

I have the 3225 with 4 collars and its a great unit, I get more than two miles in my area when I test it. The collars are light and small so is the reciever. I had the 2500 for 3 years before that and only had one problem with it, a dead battery on a Add-A-Collar, they sent me a whole new collar the next day. Only reason I sold it was I wanted this new system, and had the money for it so I bought it and sold the 2500. I have nothing against any other brand, Sportdog works great for me!
"PASS IT ON, a little of your time, the time of thier life"
If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.