reddog1 comes to WI

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Swampman

reddog1 comes to WI

Post by Swampman »

Chuck (reddog1) came over to WI to run some snowshoes with me this weekend. The snow, or should I say concrete, was a little tough running but the hounds gave it the "ol college try".
There were no fast pace races but the one in the first video they brought around 3 times.
The second one I thought Chuck was holding out a treat and it was going to jump into his lap.

The swamps were really tough running, but when the snowshoe would get up into the popple slashings, the race really improved only for mr. hare to head right back into the swamps.

Chuck, thanks for coming over and giving me some good laughs you "michigander"! :biggrin:

Swamp

Tsa la gi

Re: reddog1 comes to WI

Post by Tsa la gi »

I know who will be videoing this year :nod: Nice video reddog coulda almost reached out and touched that one.

jim bonner

Post by jim bonner »

i bet the ticks are not even out yet up there. mich looks better and better, jim bonner

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Jim,
I talked to Bud yesterday and he said they had Ice Warnings out for the over night. Lots of water but it's gonna firm up again. Can't last much longer tho...
Said he was gonna breed Arrow for you, I'd get him to breed to Hawk, Hawk is getting old and there's none left. He has only three grandparents, doubled on Don's Buckeye Patch, crossed over Peaches and Ivory(full sisters from Hot Patch Hard Rock X Hot Patch Blossom). The other young male has yet to prove what he can produce. Keep the old blood up close...jmho

Sounds like you guys had a great time in Wis.
I had also talked to Steve and Marshall but the doctor and the bus route had them tied down... :(

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

The running was spotty at best. I don't know what was going on but I've seen better runs from culls :lol: I sure did have fun regardless of the running and I hope to do it again soon. It only took 150 miles of down pour to get the mud off of my truck and trailer. It's good to be back in Michigan were I don't feel so alone sitting in a bar drinking beer with a bunch of people from Wisconsin that are harrassing me about being from Michigan. Oh did I just say that :biggrin: I was thinking that and didn't relize that I was typing ;)

I truly enjoyed the weekend swamp THANKS