Shots??

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

ken pack

Re: Shots??

Post by ken pack »

:angryfire: RUNNIN HARD i THINK BUDD WAS ONLY TRYING TO HELP SUGGESTING THAT YOU DON'T HALF TOO GIVE SHOTS
AS OFTEN AS THE VETS. SAID BY STUDY PUT OUT. DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE VIDEO ON THE WEB-SIGHT HE SUGGESTED :?
IT WAS $19.99 + $3.50 SHIPPING AND HANDLING NOT ( $50.00 ) YOU SAID IT WAS :!: :!: :!: ( H :censored: LL ) IF THAT
VET. ON THE VIDEO PRACTICE WHAT HE SAID ON THE VIDEO HE PROBLEY DON'T GET TOO MANY CUSTOMER LIKE THE OTHER VETS. AND THE BOOK HELPS INFORMING US AND PAYS HIS BILL TOO. AT LEAST HE ISN'T SALEING US MORE THEN WE NEED AND CAUSEING OUR HOUNDS ORGEN-DAMAGE BECAUSE OF TOO MUCH MEDS. :drunk: :crazy: :puke: :headache: :!:
IF YOU WANT TO GIVE YOUR DOG SHOTS LIKE YOU SAID GO AHEAD AND DO IT BUT DON'T KNOCK SOMEONE FOR TRYING
TO HELP :!: YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY OPINION ARE LIKE :moon: HOLE EVERY BODY HAS ONE :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Budd

Post by Budd »

RunninHard wrote:
Budd wrote:
http://www.oldcountryvet.com/youtube_vaccinations.html
hahahahaah, And this guy is doing what ? Trying to sell his book by claiming his thoughts of vets are in it for the MONEY because they are giving to many vaccinations

This guy is like hey I can save you $5.xx a year if you buy my book for $50.00 .....bawhahahaha
Yea your rite, he's just ripping us all off by posting scientific studies while trying to educate the common pet owner by selling them a $20 money saving tipped book, after all, a person could find out all they need to know by reading the back of a box that tells the customer they must buy their product yearly to keep their pets healthy. I'll keep using him as my vet though. Oh by the way, since you care so much for your dogs make sure and get them their yearly rabies vaccine (even though there is no such thing as a YEARLY rabies vaccine.

RunninHard

Post by RunninHard »

I think I hit some nerves ... :check: .... :lol:.. PERFECT !

You all have a nice day and happy hunting

wireman252

Post by wireman252 »

This guy is like hey I can save you $5.xx a year if you buy my book for $50.00 .....bawhahahaha[/quote]

I've got to believe that alot of beaglers on here would spend more than this "$5 "you speak of. I know you meant $5/shot. However, that's for those of us that give the shots our selves. Others that use the vet for this will pay , not only more for the shot itself , but also pay for the office visit.
I've heard this before and believe it to be true. Vets want to over vaccinate.Had many a seasoned beagler attest to this and swear that after the pup was vaccinated it no longer needed "BOOSTER SHOTS".Never heard of a dog dieing or becoming sick because of this either.
This is just my 2 cents worth.Care for your hounds how you want. I feel I do this and save a little $ as well.

chipper

Post by chipper »

I was reading somewhere that there is a lawsuit going on in Texas because Vets over vaccinated animals and did lots of damage to some of them.I for one,think we have been being deceived by vets and vaccine manufacturers for a long time and it goes beyond vaccinations, including unnecessary testing and unnecessary procedures.A good vet can be your best friend when needed.To bad most of them that I have seen seem to be more interested in getting more of your money out of you.I have not read any of the latest reports on vaccinations and how often they are really needed so this is just my 2 cents worth.If I can find any of the recent studies on this I will post the information.Education is the key,so lets help to educate each other on here and stop the "gravy train" for some of these vets and vaccine manufacturers.

klrconcrete

Post by klrconcrete »

I wonder at times how some "houndsmen" (I use that term loosely) functioned before the internet and beagle forums, etc. gave them all the information they needed to get started! Dog food, vaccinations, whelping and raising pups, again etc. As most of you on here, I have been involved in plenty of conversations where the phrase "well you know they say" is used by one or more of those involved in about every other sentence and this always makes me reply by saying "Who are they and what did they say?" I dont know who they are. Do you know who they are Runninhard? I bought the book from the "old country vet" a few years ago when my own "old country vet" retired and I was led to use what I call a "Poodle vet" The kind that sells floral fragranced dog shampoo in their office. I have to say honestly the old boy I had used could have written a better portion of that book. He made a good living for many years and I will dare say he did it while saving the paying customer lots of headache and a pocketful of money. His office never smelled like floral shampoo, it smelled like cow crap usually.
Not afraid to think outside the box or walk outside the crowd.

RunninHard

Post by RunninHard »

Why is everyone centering me out because I give a SINGLE 7-way yearly as a percaution ?
I dont give a flying F%%K what any of you say or your vets, books, fathers, uncles, friends...ect say
I have had my Beagles for 2 years (its not that long) but have had dogs all my life just not hunting dogs, I have learned a lot about them, I do listen to others and respect their input on all my questions
But the fact is I have NEVER taking a dog to a vet, why ? Because I have never had a reason to, so with that being said I will continue to do what I am doing UNTIL I have a REASON to change it

you all keep buying them books and paying them Vets, I dont need either of them ... :moon:
Last edited by RunninHard on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RunninHard

Post by RunninHard »

Postby klrconcrete » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:27 am
As most of you on here, I have been involved in plenty of conversations where the phrase "well you know they say" is used by one or more of those involved in about every other sentence and this always makes me reply by saying "Who are they and what did they say?" I dont know who they are. Do you know who they are Runninhard?

Let me ask you this, how many of you do I know and how many of you know me ? I will tell you NONE
Tell me who I have as friends that have been doing this just as long as most of you have if not longer

RunninHard

Post by RunninHard »

Postby klrconcrete » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:27 am
I wonder at times how some "houndsmen" (I use that term loosely) functioned before the internet and beagle forums, etc. gave them all the information they needed to get started! Dog food, vaccinations, whelping and raising pups, again etc. As most of you on here

And yet here you are on the INTERNET ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

south mtn beagles

Post by south mtn beagles »

Yearly rabies??? I just had the animal control out here at my home and they sold me 50.00 in yearly rabbies shots??? But thanks for all the info guys!!!

team fudd

Post by team fudd »

just a piece of info, most of the immunization companies do not advocate giving pups the 7 way till 12 weeks of age I believe because there is a tiny, as in very very very small chance that the leptospirosis portion of the vaccination can cause blindness in dogs under 12 weeks. Good runnin, FUDD

beagler29431

Post by beagler29431 »

Here is a link to the .pdf download from the AAHA (American Animal Hospital Association) for the current recommendations for canine vaccination for anyone who wants to read it (You will need Adobe reader to open this file):
http://www.aahanet.org/PublicDocuments/ ... evised.pdf

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

So who performs the studies that you all are saying you get your info from? Veterinarians?? The companies that produce the stuff?? Independent agencies?? Or agencies funded by people with agendas?? Do any of you actually know who they are and if they really truly just have good intentions?? And I'm not saying they don't but I could use the Humane Society as an example of an organization that by just looking at their studies and watching their commercials you'd think they were good as gold and had nothing but the best intentions for all right? But aren't they at least partially funded by PETA? HMMMM...........

I say this........

Take everyone's advice and make your own decision. Pay attention to who gives the advice and who they may or may not be affiliated with. Use some common sense to asses the advice you get and then do what you think is best until you've got enough years under your belt to form your own opinion of what works best based on the results you've had over the years.

It's a shame that we even have to have this conversation because there are people out there just trying to line their pockets at our expense. It makes us suspicious of anyone we don't know so I can see where it can be difficult. But it's the same with this as with everything else.....just like dog food for example. klconcrete and I have had a few words in the past about kibble vs raw. Then I stepped back and actually listened to what the man had to say based on his own personal experience over the years. I have not nor do I intend to go completely raw anytime soon but I do add raw to their diet and it seems to make a difference. For me personally it works and the dogs seem to do well with what I'm doing so for now that's what I'm going to go with. Does it make klconcrete more right than me?? I don't think so. We both care about our dogs and that's what matters.

From that one experience I was reminded to be open to anything. Don't just disregard it until you've tried it yourself. Who knows, you may actually learn something along the way just like I have.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."