what was a good cross with ali-baba?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

smoss

what was a good cross with ali-baba?

Post by smoss »

I have a male out of ali-baba and branko's dandy brandy. Brandy is out of heliprop X dotty of branko. My male is getting up there, he was born July 2001. I would like a pup or pups out of him before it is too late. Just want some suggestions, if you have any knowledge of a good cross. Don't need any bashing, just asking a question. Thanks Shawn

smoss

Re: what was a good cross with ali-baba?

Post by smoss »

moderator please delete this double post, i was waiting on the computer. Thank you

pcable

Post by pcable »

I have a female that is out of an Ali-Baba male and a Haunted Hill Shaker and Trakarab Pacesetter bred female. She is one of the best dogs I have ever hunted with. I am 37 years old and have been rabbit hunting since I was about 5 years old. I've seen alot of dogs , this female is just a pleasure to be out in the weeds with. I also own her dams littermate sister and she is also a pleasure to hunt with. Good luck with whatever you breed him to. let me know if you have any pups to sell I might be interested in one myself.
IF A DOG WON'T HUNT, IT CAN'T JUMP RABBITS!!!
Owner Co-Owner
Cables Ragin' Recoil
Cables Rockin Ruby
Cables Tuff Baba Clyde
Martin's Holly Lynn
Wireman's Little Ann

drifter22no1

Post by drifter22no1 »

I would breed him to a female that has as much Jack of all Trades or Jigs as possible. those are proven crosses to Ali-baba stuff.

Ali-baba's sire, Branko's City Streaker was a liter mate to Close Call Girl.
Dotty of branko was out of Swiftline Casey which is the result of a half brother and sister cross out of East Coast Trimmer who is Jack of all trades sire.
So either a Jack bred female or Jigs bred female would be a good cross and should reproduce the traits if you line up the traits of the two being bred.
Jonah Staten
"Walkem when you have to and Catchem when you can"

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

I agree with drifter if you could find a nice Turbo linebred female or strong Jigs bred female or linebred Reggie female. I don't see how you could go wrong with the strong Jack or Jigs blood.