How to firm up titts on mom....??

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

RunninHard

How to firm up titts on mom....??

Post by RunninHard »

I am starting to wean the pups off her and was just wondering if there is a way/ product to use to help tighten her up
Any help would be great, Thanks in advance, Scott

BCBeagles

Re: How to firm up titts on mom....??

Post by BCBeagles »

When she is done completely with them. Withold her water for 1-2 days. I use comphor spirits and it works real well. Use for 3-4 days 2 times a day. You can get it at the pharmacy.
Hope this helps.

Beagleman63

Post by Beagleman63 »

I'm not sure if anything will work! My Mom said before she had us kids she was a proud 38DD, and now she's a 38 long! :lol:

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Also, put a bench in the pen where the bitch can get upon to get away from the pups. She'll wean them off herself... ;)

tizeKennels

Post by tizeKennels »

What are great response beagleman! lmao...

beaglecrazy-scott

Post by beaglecrazy-scott »

i was told to use warm vinegar....or rubbing alcohol

almilesq1

Post by almilesq1 »

Seperate the Mother from the pups and RUN THE BITCH! After six or seven times out, she'll draw right up!

RunninHard

Post by RunninHard »

BCBeagles wrote:When she is done completely with them. Withold her water for 1-2 days. I use comphor spirits and it works real well. Use for 3-4 days 2 times a day. You can get it at the pharmacy.
Hope this helps.
Thanks I will try it

RunninHard

Post by RunninHard »

Beagleman63 wrote:I'm not sure if anything will work! My Mom said before she had us kids she was a proud 38DD, and now she's a 38 long! :lol:
LMAO !

RunninHard

Post by RunninHard »

almilesq1 wrote:Seperate the Mother from the pups and RUN THE BITCH! After six or seven times out, she'll draw right up!
I plan on it, thanks

beaglerof4

Post by beaglerof4 »

I agree completly run her consistently and she will firm right up, you will never know she has pups if you run her.

rabbitsmoker

Post by rabbitsmoker »

Be careful to run her in heavy briars are after 1 or 2 time running you will have other issues i wouldnt run her until she dried up some anyway she will rip her bag up then you will inffection to take care of JMO

Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Wait a good ten days after you take her away from the pups. She will be very sore just from them nursing and chewing on them. Then run her as much as you want. After getting a nice litter from a good female why would anyone want to cause them more pain, in order to get two weeks more of running out of her? Let nature take its course. As was stated, some times they will remain on the large size. Let those females dry up some. Glad Im not a dog owned by some on this board, the best saying in beagling is, "The handler is supposed to be smarter than the dog"......Common sense goes along way too!

RunninHard

Post by RunninHard »

I am going to run her but not hard just a nice wide open field (cut short) and let her stretch her legs with my 6 1/2 month old male for a few days before I put her in any races, I should have stated that I will not put her in any harm with briers and such for awhile

rabbitsmoker

Post by rabbitsmoker »

Running them to early after pups is what causes herinus and pull muscles mine dont know to take it easy when i turn them out