Hounds do more than run rabbits!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

oakhill

Re: Hounds do more than run rabbits!

Post by oakhill »

:biggrin: Ahhhhhhhh, my good friend, Swamper.....What can I say???? He is probably the biggest(tallest) guy I know with a heart to match. How many times have we hunted and ran the hounds together???? I have lost count. Those shrimp were the best I have ever eaten!!! Has always opened his home to me just like I am family. Never has a fun run or hunt without remember me...(hint, hint) Loves my sweet tea. Someone I would trust with my hounds and that is something!!! Did SB tell ya I am working on you a deer hunting place next year??? Shhhhhhh she said not to tell. lmao You tell and I will be in trouble. :roll:
OAK HILL BLUETICK BEAGLES

Jakeboy

Post by Jakeboy »

Great story Sally I have to agree theres a whole lot more to it then just shooting rabbits. Thanks to you I am able to experience everything you mentioned in the story and the great things those pups bring to us. There is no doubt those dogs teach us more then we teach them, I wish I had half the heart those lil blueticks have. I am forever greatfull to you for getting me into beagling :bigsmile: :nod:

oakhill

Post by oakhill »

Jake, it is always great to talk to you and extra special when you all make the trip down. :biggrin: I probably wouldn't have let just anybody have Catfish. He is such a great little guy and I think he will make you an awesome rabbit hound. Just remember that the legend Daddy Rabbit got that redtick started. Not many folks can say that.
OAK HILL BLUETICK BEAGLES

AlabamaSwamper

Post by AlabamaSwamper »

Why no Sally, I didn't know anything about that! ;)
"No stronger bond exist than that between a man and his dog."

Link to RabbitDawg board. (Old Southernbeagles board)
http://www.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=6643

Emery

Post by Emery »

Oh Sally, you're going to make me blush... but I don't talk funny, you do!!!!! :biggrin:

Hey, Jakeboy is a cheesehead too, you didn't say anything about him talking funny! :moon: He must be one of them southern cheeseheads, south of Hwy 29! LOL
Last edited by Emery on Thu May 20, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

Jakeboy

Post by Jakeboy »

Thanks Sally catfish is doing awsome. He is burning up the rabbits. I can't wait to come back down but the next trip we will spend a lil more time down there in gods country :lol: