little story

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

wvhunter6

little story

Post by wvhunter6 »

The other night a friend of my sister called me to get a price on my puppies.After talking to her I found out that her and her husband had bought their 12 year old son a beagle pup for Christmas. his uncles rabbit hunt and he wanted his own dog. Two days ago the son and father were outside building the pup a pen the father let the pup outside. Later they both heard the pup barking it had walked out on pond and fell through they couldn't get to it quick enough and it passed. After I heard this I told her to bring that boy down the next day. When he got there I told him I had him a pup.I didn't charge him and he was tickled to death . It was worth way more to see his face light up knowing that he had another pup. He didn't know what to name it but said it had big feet LOL. Would give away a whole litter to see that again.

Pete Tuck

Re: little story

Post by Pete Tuck »

Outstanding!!
Cedar Row Beagles
LPRCH Mike's Ace in the Hole
LPRCH Cedar Row Harley

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Great stuff! He will pay it back someday!

Emery

Post by Emery »

You know, it is nice to see kind hearted people. I can't imagine ever hearing a story like this in the bird dog world. Beaglers are in a class all by themselves!

I have given away puppies in the past and would do it again if I was in the position with a litter again.

Emery
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

Mike Gibeaut

Post by Mike Gibeaut »

That Is PRICELESS You Made A Young Boy Very Happy.Can't Put A Dollar Sign On That Type Of Feeling.Cudos For You!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home

Gabby's Beagles

Post by Gabby's Beagles »

Two Thumbs up! Awesome.....

Dunbar Family Kennel

Post by Dunbar Family Kennel »

Awesome story :)
Home of :
LP R CH D-D JET
LP R CH Branko's Whole Lotta Rosie
LP R CH LP B CH Mootry's OKla Pepper
Lp B CH Mt. View Macrae Beauty
Lp R CH Shenold's Sue
Lp B CH Caitie's Swamp Ghost Daisy

dave g

Post by dave g »

:cool: that is outstanding. i am sorry to hear about his first pup but good job to step up and help out and set a good example.

later, dave

Gary Reed

Post by Gary Reed »

thanks for sharing the story its cool the way you helped that boy out I am sure he will never forget it.

Dale Pea

Post by Dale Pea »

Good deal.
The young man will be a member of the hunting tradition for the rest of his life.