A miracle in the New Year

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

swamp mama

A miracle in the New Year

Post by swamp mama »

A few days before Christmas my step-dad, who is in his 70's, took his two beagles hunting.
Now these were just your run of the mill, backyard, grade females, but he had raised them from puppies, and Sassy and Susie were his "girls".
They hit a deer on him and I guess the shockers he had borrowed from a friend wasnt tight enough on them, because they were gone.
Heartsick him and my mom drove around for the rest of the day, and Chad and him looked long after dark for them. Coyotes are bad where they were lost and these girls were so out of shape and fat, they wouldnt have stood a chance.
Nobody could find them, and ad was put in the paper, and needless to say Christmas wasnt quite as joyfull as it could have been.
Time went on and we had given up on them, when 13 days later a phone call was received.
A man driving around some back roads had found Sassy and was bringing her home. Thin and just about froze. As happy as we were, we also was afraid that if Sassy had left Susie, then she was probably dead.
My phone rang this morning, when my step-dad had looked up the road by their house guess who was slowly walking down the road coming home....Susie.
Thin and very cold, she had made it home. My mom was crying and she said my step-dad was about to. They had prayed for these little hounds everyday since they had been gone.
I am thankful that in this time of bad news, jobs being lost, and a war going on, their is a little spot of sunshine around our family now. We are thankful for the girls coming home. :angel:
"If you take a kid huntin', you'll never have to hunt your kid" William "Perry" Kennedy
Rest in peace my old friend- July 2009

DRamey

Re: A miracle in the New Year

Post by DRamey »

YAY! A friend of mine lost one Saturday the 2nd and got him back yesterday evening, a 10 month old pup. He was found by a guy who was COYOTE hunting, of all things, and told my friend that he saw coyotes in the area regularly. How the pup survived 3 nights in several inches of snow, single digit temps, and the coyotes, is pure good fortune. Swampers, that is a good story. We should tell more to encourage our family here who have lost hounds lately. They don't all end up this happy.
"My past is coming up into my future and messin' with my good life"--Jesco White, 1991
"I enjoyed myself from within myself on behalf of myself"--Jesco White, 1991

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

Good for him ;-) glad it turned out for the best , sure he is tickled !!!!!!!
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

PREACHERS,KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS,KENNEL »

man thats good . god still does miracles and prayer still works.

hounddog

Post by hounddog »

Very good ending Swamp Crew! I knew they were looking for them when we were down there. Beagles are amazing creatures.

PS, Thanks again for the great hospitality you gave us while at your place. Those three days will stay with me forever.!!!!

hounddog
Jim Umbarger
---------Jump Mountain Kennels-----------
540-292-3000

swamp mama

Post by swamp mama »

You are very welcome. Anytime you want to come back, the couch is yours! :lol:
The girls are doing good. Getting spoiled by my folks, staying warm, and eating good.
"If you take a kid huntin', you'll never have to hunt your kid" William "Perry" Kennedy
Rest in peace my old friend- July 2009

Emery

Post by Emery »

:dance: Great news :dance: , everyone likes a happy ending! I bet the dogs will get a little spoiling for a while and the next time they go out, the collars will be double checked. :lol:

Emery
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

Moore Beagles

Post by Moore Beagles »

Great News and a great day for answered prayer :!: Theres nothing like getting one back that is lost!
I'll keep My GOD, MY Freedom, My Guns, and My Money! You can keep the "CHANGE".

The Rich and Poor have a common bond, The LORD is the maker of them all. Proverbs 22:2

Blessed by the Best