Locked section proposal (please read)

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Who is in favor of having a locked section

I want a locked section
30%
I do not want a locked section
70%

Total votes: 79

mobeagle

Locked section proposal (please read)

Post by mobeagle »

I'm a member of a few other boards and just like on here there are several people who enjoy the pics but are concerned about the antis. I propose the board put in a section that requires a password to get in for all the members to post pictures that may not be suitable for anyone and everyone to view. My PM inbox has been flooded with people wanting to see more pics and I have several more from the weekend but I said when the complaints come in I would stop and I will stick to my word. The key is to be selective on who you let in and they must be established members who either post pictures or another established member who posts pictures will vouch for them. If you're not in favor of a section like this voice your opinion. I will say it works on other forums very well.
Take your kids huntin and you wont have to hunt for your kids.

Joeyman

Re: Locked section proposal (please read)

Post by Joeyman »

great idea. on other boards I've been on. for example. Their was a forum section that you had to PM the adm. to get access to and the adm would turn it on and if you wanted out you had to PM the adm and they'd turn it off so you couldn't see that section no more.

That way you can just login as normal and the forum will appear if you have it requested for it to be turned on.

it will be turned on by request only. And for those who wish to not want anything to do with it they'll never see it.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

bucks better beagles

Post by bucks better beagles »

I can't see anything wrong with the way things are. If you don't want to send, pictures don't send them. If you don't want to look at them, just delete the post. Why through in another step.

Bob

mobeagle

Post by mobeagle »

bucks better beagles wrote:I can't see anything wrong with the way things are. If you don't want to send, pictures don't send them. If you don't want to look at them, just delete the post. Why through in another step.

Bob

Well buck the point of it is to keep the antis from seeing any pics? Personally I'm fine with the current setup but I'm not blind either and while I dont agree with it I do understand some of the members concern with the antis getting ahold of the pictures. I personally am of the belief they arent going to stop us and I dont care if they take every picture I post but others feel differently and this is a community forum not MY forum so the voice of the forum is what I will abide by.
Take your kids huntin and you wont have to hunt for your kids.

Emery

Post by Emery »

If you alter what you are doing, that is the first step in the ANTI victory. I say to heck with them and let them complain. Hunting is a way of life. Pictures are a way of remembering a good day spent with friends and family. If that includes pictures of dead animals or fish that are caught, who cares!

Emery
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

bucks better beagles

Post by bucks better beagles »

Emery: Well put. I agree. If one is beaten but puts up a good fight than so be it.

Bob

Shotgun John

Post by Shotgun John »

They are going to always complain. If we hide what we do, then it appears their views are correct and we are wrong. I am not ashamed of being a hunter and I will not hide it.

Big-E-Beagles

Post by Big-E-Beagles »

I could'nt agree with you more Emery!

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

it really dosent matter to me either way the way i feel is either look or dont look at it!!!! another view i have is

PEOPLE THAT ARE ANTI'S STILL EAT MEAT THAT STILL CONFUSES ME??????????
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

I have no problem with a forum for these type of pictures but im not sure what a forum that is password protected will accomplish. Im guessing 95% of the members will want the password. If its all about the anti's.......what stops them from requesting a password?????? How do we figure out which username is a anti and which one isnt?
Crane Creek Kennels

Dunbar Family Kennel

Post by Dunbar Family Kennel »

[quote][/quote]PEOPLE THAT ARE ANTI'S STILL EAT MEAT THAT STILL CONFUSES ME??????????

The Anti's people are like the people that live around me,they complain about the smell from the chicken houses,but they still eat chicken
Home of :
LP R CH D-D JET
LP R CH Branko's Whole Lotta Rosie
LP R CH LP B CH Mootry's OKla Pepper
Lp B CH Mt. View Macrae Beauty
Lp R CH Shenold's Sue
Lp B CH Caitie's Swamp Ghost Daisy

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

I agree and disagree, let me explain.

I feel any picture taken in "good taste" ex. the rabbits with the hunters and hounds on the ground or on a tailgate etc. is in good taste.

The ones I worry about are pics. of hounds tearing apart a live animal. I remember some years back a video of enticing hounds on a big cat in a cage then releasing the cat right in front of the hounds. The hounds ran down the cat in a matter of about 50 yards. The anti's got a hold of this video and got the public to believe that this is common practice with all hound hunters.

What I am saying is, just be aware of what not just the anti's, but what joe public, that is neither pro or against hunting (non-hunting) could perceive the pictures as to what hunting is all about. I feel we can keep the non-hunting community on our side as long as we are ethical.

So I personally don't feel we need a special forum, just some constraint on our part.

Just my $.02
Swamp

Tundra Beagle

Post by Tundra Beagle »

I say if you try to hide them some anti will get the password and still see the pics. You always have to remember what your dealing with and you never know who is really behind some of these posts. I just think trying to hide the pics is going to keep them from some of the people that don't want to bother with another step. I am still on dial up and the last thing I need is to wait for another step. Keep the pics comeing. And the antis can go pound sand.
Joys in life brought to you by Family, Friends and Visa.

blackdirt beagles

Post by blackdirt beagles »

i say leave things as is... we shouldnt have to feel guilty or apologize for shooting rabbits. maybe everone who posts a nice hunt pic should put the words "pic included" in their title. that way those who dont wish to see the pics, can just pass over the posts and the rest of us can enjoy the messageboard as we always have.

warddog

Post by warddog »

I agree with swampman as it's not actually the pictures but the ethics behind them. As a USDA Meat and Poultry Inspector I have seen thousands of animals and poultry slaughtered for human food and it is always been done in a humane manner. BUT let one plant in California do it in an unethical, inhumane manner and the PETA folks have it on hidden video and all cane breaks loose, that in fact changed the law. For you folks that don't think PETA and these antis don't have some clout think again as they sure got the Federal law changed in Plants under USDA and State inspection programs and the plant wasn't actually in violation of the law. Now there is NO leeway and the farmer/ranchers will suffer. In fact I have personally been involved in one incident that a very nice 1400 pound Black Angus steer slipped in the stock yard, split out and could not get back up in it's rear end but could crawl. I had to condemn it as a downer animal.