Where did Bench Conformation go?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bsbowhunter

Where did Bench Conformation go?

Post by bsbowhunter »

Greeting members, it's been about year since I've posted, but have a burning question that I thought I'd throw out to the "brain trust". I've been searching for a new pup to train and compete with. Not to underestimate the amount of work that goes into having a Field Champ, but where are the dogs with excellant conformation. I decided to look at the Show Breeders, but they are asking $1200+ for pups and it usually carries a restricted registration. Meaning I can't continue the line and benifit from all my efforts because I can't have pups from them. That is unless I inherit a couple of mil and drive a Rolls to the events......lol
The closest I've seen in the Trial circuit is Dick McVay's dog. Who can point me to a kennel and/or breeder that has show like stock available and won't make me take out a second mortgage to get one. I know eveyone thinks their dog(s) are beautiful, but I'm after something that matches the AKC standard to a "T". Help if you can. I don't mind going on a waiting list.

Rosewood

Pups with conformation

Post by Rosewood »

You might try Diamond Kennel in Saltville Va, he has some pups out of his GRCH HBCH Diamond Matre D they are good looking pups This D dog won opposite sex bench champion at the UKC World Hunt and also placed 9th overall in the World Hunt. D is AKC registered as well and has placed in AKC bench shows he doesn't need much to be an AKC CH but I'm not sure how much. You can e-mail him at DIAMONDKENNEL@NETVA.COM or phone him (276) 496-4870. Ask for Randy Smith.
If he can't help you I have a good looking male GRCH Rosewood Gay Crazyhorse he is AKC and UKC registrered. He won the Champion Male Class at the UKC World hunt and only needs a few points to becoming a Hunting Beagle Champion in the UKC. I have a Weircreek female bred to him now due to whelp toward the end of December. If interested e-mail joerobinson@mctechno.com or call (276) 782-1839. Ask for Joe Robinson. Hope you find what you are lookin for.

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Crossing with the Weircreek should be real nice!

Bsbowhunter

In the digital age.....

Post by Bsbowhunter »

Joe,
Thanks for the reply. What is the possibility that you have a digiital camera and can send a pic or the Sire and the Dam. Also, you didn't mention where you live.

Rosewood

Post by Rosewood »

I don't have a digital camera, I may be able to get a friend who has one to take some pictures. If not I have some photographs I can probably get scanned and send them to you. I live in Marion Va. Marion is on the western end of Va along I-81 about 40 miles from Btistol TN.

Bsbowhunter

Conformation on the bench

Post by Bsbowhunter »

Joe (aka Rosewood),
I'll keep an eye on this post for updates. If you want to send the pics via an attachment on email you can forward them to either Bsbowhunter@aol.com or Dwilliams@interbake.com
Thanks

buckridge

Conformation

Post by buckridge »

Give me a call or email us, we might be able to help you find what you are looking for in conformation.
Bucridge@aol.com or call 317-887-6773

RES

Post by RES »

Try Dale Prunty in Shinnston, West Virginia. You can also try Clyde Hanning. (same vicinity) They both have UKC dogs that are both hunting beagle champions, as well as show champions. I have 7 pups that are almost six months old, that were sired by a dog from each of these men. They are fine looking pups. some have already started running a rabbit. Dale's line of dogs is called White River. If you look at the NHBA website, you can see a picture of some of their dogs. Good luck.

chase

to RES

Post by chase »

would like to know running style of the white river dogs have never been to ukc trial, also do you know what these dogs go back to, I am looking for a male to breed my indiane hills female to. what crosses good with this line of dogs any help would be greatly apreciated, thanks in advance,jim s

beaglebill

Post by beaglebill »

CHASE..CHECK THIS MONTHS ..AMERICAN BEAGLER MAGAZINE..FRONT PAGE ..PLUS ARTICLE ..REAL GOOD JOB

Bsbowhuner

Thanks for the responses

Post by Bsbowhuner »

To all who have replied. I have found what I was looking for off of the UKC board. I appreciate your input and will be looking again later this spring. Happy Holidays.

DG TX

Post by DG TX »

If you are looking into AKC stock, You might check with Mandy & Billy Bobbitt, who are members of the National Beagle club in Virginia. They have been breeders of dual purpose stock for over 25 years. You can contact them thru the National Beagle Club website. ;)

Bsbowhunter

DG TX

Post by Bsbowhunter »

Thanks for the response. I sent the bobbits an email (loving the fact that they were located so close), I have yet to receive a response. :cry: I see Mandy post once in awhile on the Beagle Show-List and was hoping she had something available and/or a waiting list. Anyway, I appreciate your response. Thanks