Sams/Purina

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Fulton

Sams/Purina

Post by Fulton »

Went into Sams today and was surprised to see that Purina Dog Chow was back on the shelf, still didn't see any Hi-Pro. Was told they had so many customer complaints about pulling it off the shelf that they had to bring it back.

Thought some of you would like to know.

Buckshot101

Re: Sams/Purina

Post by Buckshot101 »

I posted this on the UKC board a couple days ago.
Originally posted by Buckshot
I don't feed Purina but I hunted in the 2009 World Basset Hunt this weekend and a Purina Rep. was on hand.

He stated that Purina and Walmart had solved their issues and Sams will be carrying the 50lb bags while Walmart will be carrying the 44lb bags. He said that they should start start arriving on shelves again in the next couple weeks.

He also announced that Purina was discontinuing the HI-PRO formula.

Fulton

Post by Fulton »

Thanks for the info on the Hi-pro. Looks like i'll have to find something else to feed during the hunting season when the dogs are running alot more.

Mike Gibeaut

Post by Mike Gibeaut »

I Went My Local Southern States Store Today In West Virginia.To My Surprise There Was 6 Bags Of Purina Hi Pro.You May Try Your Local Southern States Stoer If One In Your Area.
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home

cajunmeadows2

Post by cajunmeadows2 »

You will have to get the Hi-Pro while it is there. Purina has discontinued making it. When it is gone there will be no more produced. You will be able to look anywhere it will not be there. They have announced it it is not heresay. It was also posted on the Purina Pro Club site.

CHEROKEE KENNEL

Post by CHEROKEE KENNEL »

I'm a Purina pro club member purina e-mailed me and said Hi Pro is discontinued. plainwell, and holland TSC stores still have some here in michigan but they raised the price to 27.99 for 50 #. bags. they want to rob loyal users I guess. Cherokee Kennel

mayberry1

Post by mayberry1 »

Sam's has a dog food that says it is comparable to Hi-pro. It is in a blue bag and is members mark brand. The bags says "if you like Hi-pro then try this" It is $20 a bag.

cajunmeadows2

Post by cajunmeadows2 »

Tractor Supply also has a bag of High Pro they say is comprable , does anyone feed the Tractor Supply brand and how do you like it?

Fulton

Post by Fulton »

Haven't tried the Tractor Supply version yet but i did try the Members Mark Brand and it is very similar to the Hi-Pro as far as what was in it and the fat/protein levels were about the same. Didn't seem to bother the dogs there stools stayed the same as when they were eating Hi-Pro.