sad day

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

blackdirt beagles

sad day

Post by blackdirt beagles »

this afternoon i went out to feed the dogs and found Bramletts Grizzly Bear dead in his house :cry: . he was 9 1/2 years old. he was my #1 hunting companion, bar none, for 7 gun seasons. ive got a million memories from Bear, and all of them were great.

bobby brewster

Post by bobby brewster »

sorry for your lose blackdirt

S.M. Beagler

Post by S.M. Beagler »

sorry to hear about your loss brian. have any clue at all what happened to him?!? 9 1/2 isn't real old. sad story. cant imagine having a dog that long and then having to see that

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Sorry to hear about Bear. We never did get those red dogs together for a run. Redd Man will be nine in May. Bear was a good-lookin' hound. :(

ACOMEAU

Post by ACOMEAU »

There will be more......you can count on it. Keep ya chin up friend.
Take a Kid Hunting and Fishing

New York Hillbilly

Post by New York Hillbilly »

Blackdirt,
Sorry for your loss. I can see from the picture he was a fine looking Red hound. I hope you have a pup or two on the ground from him to keep him somehow with you. :cry:
NYH
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

MacMaster

Grizz

Post by MacMaster »

Brian,
Sorry to hear about Grizz. I hope that his pups that you kept will bring you even more happiness.
Jason

blackdirt beagles

not sure what happened. he was in fine health as far as a i could tell. found him curled up like he was sleeping. two days ago i actually commented to my wife how frisky he was acting, running around the yard with the younger dogs as we had just warmed up from a -0 coldspell. either way he'll be missed. im glad i have a pair of 3 week old males out of him and my best female. thats comforting.

Steve C.

Post by Steve C. »

Sorry to hear this, Brian. I guess we've all been there but it's hard just the same. A year ago last November I laid to rest the best hound I'll ever own. He was not only an International Field Champion but a terrific hunting dog when the conditions really got tough. Any dog is hard to lose when he's been a reliable hunting companion for many hunting seasons. I've got several old timers now in the kennel so I know it's just a matter of time before I'll be in your shoes again. Just remember that there will never be another just like him, but there will be others who are just as appreciated in the future.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Brian,
I hope my old Pop Fannie bitch goes like your's did when it's time. Don't want to see any hound suffer, especially the favorites. Just find them sleeping in peace. Sorry for your loss...Patch

Jim Stinnett

Loss.

Post by Jim Stinnett »

Brian,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I sure know how you feel. Nuff said.
Jim Stinnett - Briar Busten Beagles

beagle101

Post by beagle101 »

sorry to see you lose a good hunting dog and friend,maybe the pups will be as good or better i hope so for you good luck :(
your friend scott

Schag

Post by Schag »

Sorry for your loss. Keep your head up. Maybe one of those pups will be like their daddy!

blackdirt beagles

thanks for the good words guys. the old man will be hard to replace but i got a couple good pups to start with :approve: .

MasonsBeagles

?

Post by MasonsBeagles »

Hate to hear it. One of the worst things about beagling is loosing a good hound. Just went thru it myself.