Island pics

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

reddog1

Island pics

Post by reddog1 »

Thought that I would share a few pics of our Drummond Island trip. The guy's in the pics are my good friends Howard and Josh Eimiller from western New York.

marr24

Re: Island pics

Post by marr24 »

Great pictures! Looks like you had a great time. We were up there 2 weeks ago and had some good running. I took lots of pics and videos but have been too lazy to post them or put them on our website. :D

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

We did have a great time :D We also got to spend some time with Patch talking about the Patch Hounds.We were there for a week and a half and ran all but a couple of days.We killed only 5 hare but we wern't there for the kills we were there for the music.

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

Great pics reddog1. Looks like alot of fun. I've never seen a hare in person.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

Huntin54

Post by Huntin54 »

Congrats. Good looking dogs.

I was up in Maine hunting Hare my first time they sure are a blast to run and alot different then cottontail.

backyard beagler

Post by backyard beagler »

I was up there a couple weeks ago and we had trouble finding hare where we usually do but ended up finding a couple different spots and had great running. It seemed like the numbers were down from the last few years but with the pressure it receives I can see why.
Paul Blackburn
Blackburn's Beagles
LpGrRch LpGrBch Blackburn's Rabbit Charming Preacher(rip)
LpRch Blackburn's Black Jack(rip)
LpRch Blackburn's Rockstar

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

Chuck ,
Is that Hammer in the 2nd picture ? If so how did he do ?
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

Randy, No thats a reddog patch cross. I'm going to use Hammer as a coyote dog. He has the size and grit that I look for in a yote hound. He does runrabbits very well but he has a little mean streak in him and for yotes he would be perfect. I'm going to send him and one of my pups from this summer up to the starting pen in a couple of weeks to see what they do. Lyza was my anchor dog on the Island this year. It didn't matter what the running conditions were, she alwys got the job done. I do miss Boney though, You couldn't ask for a nicer hound than he was.

allniter

Post by allniter »

I was there OCT. 18 had some good runs --we did carry a gun everyday either ---looks like they have alittle more white on them now --sure is fun to hear them run for hours with very little brake downs --it didn't take long to tell what dogs were in shape
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

tandd

Post by tandd »

Just got back. We had some great running and took 15 hare in two and a half days. Great running with great friends. Hope to post pics later.