Rabbit Hunting in Michigan

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bucks better beagles

Re: Rabbit Hunting in Michigan

Post by bucks better beagles »

This is one my greatest peeves. One deer hunter on a thousand acres and, yes, he thinks he owns it all. If a dog opens up, they get mad. It always amazes me that I am supposed to sacrifice my pleasure so a deer hunter can enjoy his. This being said, I try to avoid deer hunters wherever possible. I run my dogs in the evening after the legal hunting hours that the DNR gives in the manual. We do have a hunter harassment law and that would apply to anyone giving you a hard time while you enjoy your legal sport.

Bob

les guynn

Post by les guynn »

HEY, golden acres when you get back from drummond island let me know how the runnig was and the rabbit population, just want to know. thanksGOD BLESS.

Eva's Beagles

Post by Eva's Beagles »

I just got back last night from Drummond with Goldenacres, Chapkosbeagles, Daryl, and Jamie's wife Caroline. The running was great. We could have shot a bunch, we only shot three, my first time shooting a hare. The three we shot were still all brown, some we ran were starting to turn, ears and feet and legs were white. We ran all day Friday and Saturday with a break for lunch, and Sunday morning with the same pack of 8 hounds. They were ready for some r&r when we left yesterday. We had some races that went out of hearing for a half hour and then back, and some where they just made continuous big circles. When they got close to the trail or road we were on there sometimes would be 2 or 3 strays running across in front of us. I also got some pictures I'll be posting soon, it sure is hard to get them hare to stay visable long enough to snap a picture. I would really like to get back up when they are all white, and there is some snow on the ground, gives me something to look forward to, Brian.
Eva's Beagles

Eva's Beagles

Post by Eva's Beagles »

Some quick snaps, there is a hare on the trail in the picture where the gun is going off, hard to see though. The first picture is the view going down to the plains, the others are too late for the hare, but in time for the dogs, Brian.

Eva's Beagles

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Looks like home to me... :D
Looks like you went to the northeast end... ;)
Man, you got me belly ach'n now, I'm ready go... :dance:

marr24

Post by marr24 »

Great pictures, we're heading up on friday, hopefully it will be a little cooler.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Fri
Oct 17
Few Showers
45°
34°
30%
45°F

Sat
Oct 18
Sunny
42°
35°
20%
42°F

Sun
Oct 19
Few Showers
48°
39°
30%
48°F

See Family Events Near You
Mon
Oct 20
Few Showers
48°
35°
30%
48°F

Tue
Oct 21
Mostly Cloudy
45°
36°
20%
45°F

Wed
Oct 22
Showers
46°
33°
60%
46°F

marr24

Post by marr24 »

Thanks Charles, the weather looks like it should be pretty good!

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Looks like as they say, "hammer time"... :lol:

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

guys hammer time is right i have some good live video on the hounds.they were fast fast races big circles it was the most fun rabbit hunting that i have ever had all had good honest hounds. i just couldent believe the runs it was great hope to go as soon as the snow hits be sure to stop at the bar chucks they have some good old friendly local fellas :lol: :lol: :lol:

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

I'll be there on the 23rd and I'm going to stay until the 9th of November. I got all of my work done at the cottage now I can play. :D :D :D

golden acres

Post by golden acres »

Brian, chaps we can go back in December. Lets set a weakend and get it done. Darly will be laid of by December. My wife will not be able to go in December so we will have to find another guys with sorry hounds to go.
Golden Acre Supplies 616-813-0814 (Cell)
http://www.goldenacresupplies.com

Eva's Beagles

Post by Eva's Beagles »

I'll be ready, I'm sure we can find someone else to go. It's too bad though, I would have liked to see Caroline connect at least once on one of them hare. Throw out a date and we'll go from there. I can take any time from 12-22-08 thru 1-3-09, other than that it would be day by day, but still doable, thanks again, Brian.
Eva's Beagles

birmi1nr

Post by birmi1nr »

Jamie, looks like you guys had some good running. If you plan on going back in December let me know when, and I may pack up some dogs and join you. We usually hit the island a couple of times a year from Dec-March.
CEREAL CITY KENNELS
FCGD CEREAL CITY WANGO TANGO
FCGD CEREAL CITY OOH LALA

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

chapkosbeagles wrote:guys hammer time is right, be sure to stop at the bar chucks they have some good old friendly local fellas :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chucks fridaynight all you can eat fish fry... :cool: