need info on shipping a hound

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BriarCreekBeagles

need info on shipping a hound

Post by BriarCreekBeagles »

need some info on shipping a 7 month old hound air freight. commercial? Fedex? and how would i go about doing it?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Kris
"My Goal in life is to be the kind of person my hound thinks I am"
2 Cor. 10:4
Tuff Gun Beagles
Tuff Gun Mr. Breeze, Huff's Briar Bustin Outlaw, Coming home-Lone Acres Ax Grinder

Emery

Re: need info on shipping a hound

Post by Emery »

Commercial airlines will ship animals. You have to have a health certificate within 10 days of the flight (get that from a vet), and you have to put them in an airline approved shipping crate (wally world) and you have to pay them the money to do it. It can't be too cold or too hot, but I think that you would be fine this time of year.

Call the airlines for pricing and specifics, as each one is a little different.

Emery
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

BriarCreekBeagles

what about the possibility of the change in pressure causing the dogs eyes to bulge out and do any of you guys know of any other possible health risk?
Also would shipping ground be an option and how would i go about doing this?
Tuff Gun Beagles
Tuff Gun Mr. Breeze, Huff's Briar Bustin Outlaw, Coming home-Lone Acres Ax Grinder

dogsman126

Post by dogsman126 »

For a good ground shipper, contact Buckeye Dog Hauler tel# 740-236-0578, is very good
with hounds, has reasonable rates, full grown dogs ride in custom dog trailer, smaller
dogs and puppies ride in van. very nice setup. I have used her a number of times, always
very reliable and dogs always arrive in very good shape.

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Where are you trying to get the dog shipped from, and to. There are people on this board going to trials everywhere and will normally haul a dog for a little bit of gas money. Where is the dog you are needing to get?
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

BriarCreekBeagles

dog is going from Petersburg IN to Louisa VA
Thanks for all the input :)
I could probably meet somebody in Louisville so he could hitch a ride.
Tuff Gun Beagles

mtneerbp

Post by mtneerbp »

I believe Buckeye rate is 225 for first dog and 150 for each additional dog she has hauled for me in the past and she is picking up a couple pups in the near future and hauling to TX give her a call for rates and she comes right to your door to door here is her web site http://www.buckeyekennel.com/index.html
BOB POST
MTNEER KENNELS
NORTH CENTRAL WV

BY HIS BLOOD I AM FORGIVEN

Windkist

Post by Windkist »

Folks, Shipping by air is not dangerous for your dog. I have airshipped dogs for over 20 years. The pressure,Air and temp in the cargo hold is exactly the same as what is in the cabin. I recieved a bitch from NY 2 days ago and another bitch and puppy yesterday from NC via Delta Airlines.

Here is Delta's pet first # 1-888-736-3738

You need a health certificate dated not more than 10 days from the date of shipping, An approved airline crate, 2 clip on dishes (food,water) small baggie of dog food for the top of the crate. Absorbent material inside (newspaper,towel,blanket) Airshipping is about the same as what the "dog haulers" are charging. I think I'd prefer my dogs to get to their destination quickly rather than being driven. thats just me though ;-)

Leah
Life's a trip
but it doesn't come with a map

mtneerbp

Post by mtneerbp »

Leah if you dont mind me asking what was your cost to ship them on Delta
BOB POST
MTNEER KENNELS
NORTH CENTRAL WV

BY HIS BLOOD I AM FORGIVEN

Windkist

Post by Windkist »

mtneerbp wrote:Leah if you dont mind me asking what was your cost to ship them on Delta
The dogs I just recieved were prepaid but, when I've shipped lately its been running right at 212.00 Soon they will price us out of shipping but, for now its still the safest way in my opinion. It goes by weight and total dimensions of the crate. So, smaller crates are less. I've used Continetal and american as well.

Leah
Life's a trip
but it doesn't come with a map

Honey Pot Hounds

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

I have a 8 week old show quality pup going from NH to Maryland in April nonstop on United for $166.78 and the cargo area in both the holding area's and the cabin are temp controlled...
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!