House dogs

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Honey Pot Hounds

house dogs

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

P.S.Considering that alot of us here keep breeding stock....that adds a whole new dimension to why you don't want that dog loose in the house or that ripe bitch in your bed ;)
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Beagles are happiest when...

amongst their own kind... ;)

Honey Pot Hounds

beagles

That is TOO CUTE!!

I copied that picture (hope it's okay) and emailed it to my non-doggy family who think I am crazy :roll: I only have six beagles and I will probably sell one or two of them soon anyway.

I put in the subject line (to my husband too): "A picture of inside our dog box today" :lol:
Cindy

Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

Bev
Site Admin

Re: dogs in house

Post by Bev »

Honey Pot Hounds wrote:Now if I could just get hubby to sleep in his own crate (bed) so I could have that a bed to myself, LOL without the snoring and various other "lovely" noises that man makes!!! :roll:
:yikes:
*dies*

Some losses are worth the gain, lol.

TOUCHSTONEBGLS

Post by TOUCHSTONEBGLS »

Tried letting them on the bed some for a while too. Just didn't work out. Beau gets to running rabbits in his sleep and those little paws get goin and woofin under his breath... Forget it! I don't mind letting them on the couch. I use easy to wash furniture covers. Prefer they wait for my approval to get up there.
Structure: The winning edge!
Hunting Beagles Bred For FORM AND FUNCTION
GRCH/GRHBCH White River Beau Of Touchstone
HBCH/CH Touchstone's Whimsical Dream

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

i have six adults and six pups in the house at this time. all my pups are born and raised in my living room.
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

siriusbeagles

Post by siriusbeagles »

We have adults in the house and pups in the pen outside. All litters are born either next to our bed or in our closet (inside a crete) usally with me sitting next to the mom. Our Champion male is always in our house and our main female lives with my mother in law. All the dogs have thier own crate and sometimes spend the night in the crate and sometimes spend the night roaming the house (especailly if we fall asleep before they get put up). Frequently I raise sick pups for friends in out bath tub (easy place to clean). Right now I have one adult female that will only be in the house for whelping then right back out. She was returned to us as a 2 1/2 year old and shows no sign of wanting to live with people (I am beging to think she was mistreated).

Most nights I would rather sleep with the dogs than my husband thier toots do not smell as bad, and do not snore as loud.
I work to support my beagle habit.

crewchf

Post by crewchf »

Man,,, us guys are a takin A lickin on this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crew Chief

coolbrze

Post by coolbrze »

I keep 2 of mine inside and have been told numerous times they won't amt. to anything and the 12 mo. old gyp is coming along VERY nicely!

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

crewchf wrote:Man,,, us guys are a takin A lickin on this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crew Chief
Really, I thought you were doing quite well, I had no idea so many kept their hunting hounds in the house... :shock:

I may have to bring mine in as we got another 1 1/2" of rain last night and have no where to put it... :yikes:

crewchf

Post by crewchf »

Patch,, I'm a talking about the snoring and a fartin thing!!!!!!!!!!

Crew Chief

PS Oh ya we'll be spring time runnin this weekend,, almost 70 tomorrow...

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Snoring, farting and "taking a licking" shouldn't be used in the same thread I don't think...especially where hounds are concerned... :lol:

Moore Beagles

Post by Moore Beagles »

I have three that are kenneled in the house at night. They spend 1/2 thier time outside, and have full winter coats. Beagles are a tough breed, and I have had some chase rabbits into the river come out shake off, and watch ice freeze on thier backs and they didn't even whine. I like the way a beagle handles that is in and out of the house, they mind better. My Boys teach them tricks etc. I have done it both ways, and get more enjoyment out of having them around the family, and when I'm in the woods they know what to do. If they miss a brush pile, I'll call them back and point, and they are right in it. I must admit if we lived in a Northern Climate, The dogs would have to spend more time outside. I have a fenced backyard, but beagles are escape artist, and had to compliment the fence with an invisable fence, which I setup with off limit areas in the house. I only allow them on the traffic areas, and non carpeted areas of my home. ( Beagles shed bad) I have an unfinished basement where they rome, with an old couch(thats a mess) where they play lap dog on.
You couldn't ask for a better dog with kids than a beagle, and I like having them doing laps in the kitchen, and basement, but I won't sleep with one. In our old house we let our oldest dog sleep with my son for a while, his room was a mess anyway, One day we cleaned behind the bed that was next to wall, and could not beleive all the hair That was it no more, The hair doesn't even want to vaccum up.
One more advantage at least for me, the dogs get more exercise with the kids running around etc, My oldest even pulls the boys on thier skateboards, she looks like shes on Steroids shes so muscled up.
I wouldn't have it any other way, I love thier dispositions.
Gregg
I'll keep My GOD, MY Freedom, My Guns, and My Money! You can keep the "CHANGE".

The Rich and Poor have a common bond, The LORD is the maker of them all. Proverbs 22:2

Blessed by the Best

Honey Pot Hounds

siriusbeagles wrote:
Most nights I would rather sleep with the dogs than my husband thier toots do not smell as bad, and do not snore as loud.
A woman after my own heart, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy
Cindy

WE NEED YOU!

crewchf

Post by crewchf »

Real WINTER don't come too Ole Georgia,,, our beagle's don't need Winter Coats!!!!!

Crew Chief

PS We'll be in T-shirts tomorrow!!!!!