question

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

ringtail

question

Post by ringtail »

i was just wandering how long you guys keep a dog before you tell him no go,,,,

here is the situation, on 11-13-2006 a guy sent me a money order for a dog, said he was busy till the day after thanksgiving then he would pick her up that weekend, this guy called 3 times prior to the money order, his number came up unedentified,,,,,,on the money order it had the guys name only no address, the envolope it was sent in had my name only,,,,,,

ok its been almost 2 weeks and he hasnt called back since,,,,,,,i have looked all over in the white pages of his state but come up with nothing,,,,,,

what would you guys do,,,,,,,,,,
OUR SPORT IS MADE UP OF NEW HUNTERS,,,SO PLEASE TAKE A CHILD HUNTING!

J-N-M'S HIGHBRIER BLU RUKUS

MIKE

Post by MIKE »

RING, I'D GIVE THE GUY A COUPLE MORE WEEKS. HE COULD BE BUSY OR HAVE A FAMILY PROBLEM. IF YOU GOT THE MONEY & THE DOG HE'LL BE CALLING.
MIKE

Windkist

Re: question

Post by Windkist »

ringtail wrote:i was just wandering how long you guys keep a dog before you tell him no go,,,,

here is the situation, on 11-13-2006 a guy sent me a money order for a dog, said he was busy till the day after thanksgiving then he would pick her up that weekend, this guy called 3 times prior to the money order, his number came up unedentified,,,,,,on the money order it had the guys name only no address, the envolope it was sent in had my name only,,,,,,

ok its been almost 2 weeks and he hasnt called back since,,,,,,,i have looked all over in the white pages of his state but come up with nothing,,,,,,

what would you guys do,,,,,,,,,,
Was the money order good? Was it for more than the purchase of the dog or the exact amount? Sounds like a scam to me.

leah
Life's a trip
but it doesn't come with a map

ringtail

Post by ringtail »

it was for the exact amount,,,,,,i guess it was good its in my checking acount,,,,,,,,

SilverZuk

Post by SilverZuk »

He'll track you down.

ringtail

Post by ringtail »

he knows my number and my address i just dont know his to call him,,,,,

siriusbeagles

Post by siriusbeagles »

I would be sceptical to allow someone to take a pup that is not willing to give me contact information. Sounds a little squirrely to me. I mean if his intentions are honable why hide his number and address? If the money order is in your checking account it may take it a while to bounce, so do not count on the money for at least 2 weeks.
I work to support my beagle habit.

ringtail

Post by ringtail »

this money order has been there since the week before thanksgiving,,,,,i even got it certified mail

Moore Beagles

Post by Moore Beagles »

Sounds like the guy took a blow to the head, and if and when he wakes up he'll call you, unless he's got amnesia?
I'll keep My GOD, MY Freedom, My Guns, and My Money! You can keep the "CHANGE".

The Rich and Poor have a common bond, The LORD is the maker of them all. Proverbs 22:2

Blessed by the Best

HatterasBob

Post by HatterasBob »

Counterfiet money orders can take up to a month to be returned. It takes time to figure out it is bogus, unlike insufficient funds. This is what the scam artist count on. I'm not saying this is a scam, because he has allowed you the deposit the check for some time. I would say if you give up and sell the dog to another and he re-appears, you will owe him a refund. So, I would sit tight for now.

ringtail

Post by ringtail »

hauler finely called and said he would be here to pick her up,,,,,,,,,

Windkist

Post by Windkist »

ringtail wrote:hauler finely called and said he would be here to pick her up,,,,,,,,,
What kind of "hauler" ?? Are there people that go around hauling dogs to new owners? Have you yet figured out who you sold the dog to?

Leah
Life's a trip
but it doesn't come with a map

ringtail

Post by ringtail »

yeah i know the guys name,,,,,,,,

HatterasBob

Post by HatterasBob »

ringtail,
I don't owe the buyer any money do you? You don't have to pay the hauler do you? If yes to either, LOOK OUT! Get a name and number and talk to the guy. Most of the scams are out of the country and won't give you a number.

There is a new scam for pups. They contact you via an interceptor, like the buyer is deaf. The buyer types on a computer and the interceptor reads it to the seller and types your response back to the buyer. The buyer is probably in Nigeria and is using the interceptor service to avoid paying a long distance charge. They get the phone numbers from the classifieds on the internet. Avoid these scams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!