INVALID SESSION

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bev
Site Admin

INVALID SESSION

Post by Bev »

Anybody ever get this message after they've spent a good long time posting a reply? This usually means you've "timed out", so to speak. Here's a tip for those like myself that write lengthy replies, or those who had to get up and leave in the middle of a reply and come back to finish it:

After you have everything typed, before you hit the 'submit' button, highlight all of the text and hit 'edit-copy' (holding the Ctrl and Insert keys will do the same thing). Then if you get the "Invalid session" message, you can just set up to reply again, put your cursor in the reply box and "paste" (Shift and Insert keys will paste) and everything you copied will just drop into the text box. You won't have to re-type it all.

:biggrin:

Remember, Ctrl-Insert copies anything highlighted, and Shift-Insert pastes it.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Testing...

I got this message every time I tried to load the avatar & sometimes when i tried to post, didn't seem to matter how quick I got it posted...Patch

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Bev.

I just tried to load the avtar again & it said my profile had been updated but still no picture. I sized the picture to fit an it seemed to accept it :?: ...Patch

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Patch, I've had trouble getting avatars to load for people when I've put them in myself. I'm gonna have to get with my Web Admin. (Chris) and see if he can tell me what's up. I did learn that the folks with AOL, and using AOL's proprietary internet browser have more trouble with invalid session than anyone else. Downloading IE (Internet Explorer) or Netscape Navigator will solve most of that problem.

I'll go to work on the avatars. ;)

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Testing...

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Went through internet explorer, still no go...

WSRandy

test

Post by WSRandy »

Test

WSRandy

Post by WSRandy »

I hadnt been able to post in weeks it seems.....I see my last post went thru. I been getting them invalid sessions as well.

Chris

Post by Chris »

To change avatars you must first delete the current image that you've got (in your profile), then upload the new one (keeping within the size limitations). If you simply try to overwrite your current avatar it won't work -- you'll see an image error (a small red box with an 'x' inside) instead of your avatar.

The invalid_session error has been addressed -- AOL users are the only folks (that we're aware of) that should be having any trouble getting that error -- and that's easily fixed by downloading and using Internet Explorer (preferred) or Netscape Navigator. It's a 2-part problem with AOL's proprietary technology and the fact that they don't give their users a dedicated IP address, so the board can't effectively ensure that it's truly you who's trying to post under your login, and the board security gives the 'invalid_session' error because it appears that your session has timed out. The board is doing what it's programmed to do.

Incidental #1) Your online experience is always better/smoother when you keep your browser updated to the newest version (currently version is 6 for IE and 7 for NN). Here are the links -- all updates are free to download. :)

Internet Explorer (used by 95%+ of Internet surfers) --> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp

Netscape Navigator --> http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/default.jsp

Incidental #2) AOL is not the best provider of Internet access. In fact they're very over-priced for what they provide (around $22 monthly, I think, for Internet access and some frills that aren't that good) -- a better alternative (for less than half the cost -- $9.95/month and you won't have any of the AOL issues, ever) would be http://netzero.net or http://juno.com -- they're both better than average and a better value than AOL
Chris

www.MillerOutdoors.com
www.Facebook.com/milleroutdoors1
www.YouTube.com/c/MillerOutdoors1
Instagram @milleroutdoors1
Twitter @milleroutdoors

SouthernBeagles

Post by SouthernBeagles »

Chris, this is the error message I get when trying to upload an Avatar on this site. Not sure if it is AOL, because I have no trouble uploading one on the RHO site.

Warning: copy(./images/avatars/uploads/711358643ed524a202ac3.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to create stream: Permission denied in /home/huntingb/public_html/americanbeagler/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 227

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/huntingb/public_html/americanbeagler/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/huntingb/public_html/americanbeagler/includes/page_header.php on line 465

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/huntingb/public_html/americanbeagler/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/huntingb/public_html/americanbeagler/includes/page_header.php on line 467

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/huntingb/public_html/americanbeagler/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/huntingb/public_html/americanbeagler/includes/page_header.php on line 468
The American

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I've never had a image, only the red X Bev. put there for me. I checked delete on the X image an it made no difference. We're on CompuServe if that makes a difference.
Chris, I put a picture of Postman in your photo section an had no trouble, it is the one I sized to fit here. Thanks for any help...Patch

Chris

Post by Chris »

S.R.Patch wrote:I've never had a image, only the red X Bev. put there for me. I checked delete on the X image an it made no difference. We're on CompuServe if that makes a difference.
Chris, I put a picture of Postman in your photo section an had no trouble, it is the one I sized to fit here. Thanks for any help...Patch
How's that? :)
Chris

www.MillerOutdoors.com
Twitter @milleroutdoors

Chris

Post by Chris »

SouthernBeagles wrote:Chris, this is the error message I get when trying to upload an Avatar on this site. Not sure if it is AOL, because I have no trouble uploading one on the RHO site.
That has been fixed -- try it now. :)
Chris

www.MillerOutdoors.com
Twitter @milleroutdoors

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

test...

SouthernBeagles

Post by SouthernBeagles »

New error message. LOL, gotta be quick to copy/paste the darn message :)

Warning: copy(./images/avatars/uploads/8675401343ed5430fcd15e.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to create stream: Permission denied in /home/huntingb/public_html/americanbeagler/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 227

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/huntingb/public_html/americanbeagler/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/huntingb/public_html/americanbeagler/includes/page_header.php on line 465

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/huntingb/public_html/americanbeagler/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/huntingb/public_html/americanbeagler/includes/page_header.php on line 467

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/huntingb/public_html/americanbeagler/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/huntingb/public_html/americanbeagler/includes/page_header.php on line 468
The American