Stonyhills Gator/Burton's Sniffles cross

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

DRamey

Stonyhills Gator/Burton's Sniffles cross

Post by DRamey »

I ahve a 13 mo. old female out of the above cross. I got the pedigree on Gator online, but have nothing on the dam. My female is 14" and bluetick. Can anyone help with the dam's siide of this cross? I would like some info on her if possible also, as this female is a little slow getting going on wild rabbits. Thanks.

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

Ramey,
I think John Shelton was the breeder maybe on this litter, I thought back a while back, that he had pups out of this cross for sale. He goes by DAZS on the board i think. Maybe one of these other guys may have info to get a hold of him. I think the bitch could have been Sock it to me?? Sorry i couldnt help much more than that.
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

Jamie Rice

Post by Jamie Rice »

David,

Chad's right, John does own or did own Sniffles. To best of my knowledge she's out of Elk Creek's Gentle George and Burton's Freckles II. If I'm wrong, perhaps John will see this and correct me.

George is out of IFC Taylor's Sock It To Me X Camp Creek Gertrude
----Tome - Hoppy Acres Jimmy X FC Snow Country Lass
----Gertrude - IFC Able's East Coast Trimmer X FTC Branko's Peggy Sue

Freckles is out of FTC Kingwood Shorty X Burton's Little Jenny
----Shorty is out of FTC Branko's White Blizzard X Northfield Misty
----Jenny is out of FC Andy's Clover Patches X Carroll's Bonnie Blue
Jamie D. Rice
FUZZ'S BEAGLES
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me." - Philippians 4:13 KJV

DRamey

Post by DRamey »

Fuzz and Chad, thanks for the info, and keep cool! This little female that I have seems like she's right on the verge of really turning it on the last 3 times I've had her in the field. Never owned a hound with so much nervous energy. I was wondering which side the enregy comes from. Take care, all.

HM

Post by HM »

I believe the nervous energy, comes from the dam. Sniffles is a solid hound, but I have noticed she is very excitable, always ready to go to the woods. She gets real excited if she thinks, she is going hunting or turned out, whining pacing, etc. She has pretty nice line, nice hunt, straight. She can be a little noisy if she is not hunted. She is about 14".I have had Sniffles since the spring. Her mother, Freckles, was also a nice solid hound. She did have a couple of wins in Midwest. I think Lewis Long owned her before she died. she was full 15".

HM

DAZS

Post by DAZS »

I made the cross if you would like to call me fell free to. Phone # 606-474-8068
John Shelton

WELLS WOODS

IFC Stoney Hills Gator

Post by WELLS WOODS »

I raised Gator and sold him as a weaned pup. He is open marked, 14 1/2", out of Branko's Baba Louie (IFC Trakarab Pacesetter x FC Branko's Proper Lady Slipper) and Gay's Spring Creek Robin ( IFC Branko's Heli-Prop x Elk Creeks Amazing Grace). He is owned by Peter Church in Canada and has been handled a lot by John Dewyse and John Dahn in Michigan. Gator is an International Field Champion with wins in the AKC Mid-West SPO-Rabbit ,AKC Northern Michigan Hare Association LPH, and LPH in Canada. John Dewyse has had some great hounds and he ranks Gator among the best. He told me one time on a hunting trip in deep snow that Gator got seperated from them on a different hare. They found him several hours later with the dead hare. A guy that was deer hunting in a tree stand nearby told them that he had ran the same hare all day and finally caught it. John told me that that was the first dog he had ever had to catch a hare on snow by himself.

WELLS WOODS

IFC Stoney Hills Gator

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Found a picture of the mating between Branko's Baba Louie and Gay's Spring Creek Robin that produced IFC Stoney Hills Gator and FC Wells' Silver Spring.

Slaux

Post by Slaux »

John Dewyse owned a littermate brother to Gator that needed a win to finish when he was killed on the road. I judged and placed him second in Canada, very nice hound. Bert Yaunke has been placing two derbies regularly out of Gator this year that are top Notch hounds, fast and clean. These are the only pups I have ever seen out of Gator and they are "nice". By the way, Baba Louie was sure a looker.

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Yes , that was a good cross. I wish I hadn't sold all but one. I was going to breed to Baba Louie again, but he too, got killed by a car the very week I sent her up there. Baba Louie was owned by one of John's friends in Michigan. They said he was a great hound, but was too big for the trials.
My Spring female is as consistent as I could ask for. She is the same dog everytime out. I never had to worry about her beating herself at the trials. She placed in 10 out of 13 licensed trials with 4 wins in the AKC MidWest.

WELLS WOODS

Re: Stonyhills Gator/Burton's Sniffles cross

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Picture of Baba Louie; sire of IFC Dewyse's Big Creek Judy, FC Wells Silver Spring & IFC Stoneyhills Gator. I think these were his only two breedings.

------------------------------------IFC Maple Hill Blacky
IFC Trakarab Pacesetter
------------------------------------Hartzells Jenny

Baba Louie

------------------------------------IFC Branko's Heli-Prop

FC Branko's Proper Lady Slipper

------------------------------------Branko's Second Hand Rose

He was a littermate to IFC Branko's Pacer Becky & FC Branko's Spring Kisses.

Robin's pedigree

----------------------------------------FTC Branko's Jack of All Trades

----IFC Branko's Heli-Prop

-----------------------------------------Branko's Speedy Devil

Gay's Spring Creek Robin

---------------------------------------IFC Taylor's Sock It To Me

----Elk Creeks Amazing Grace

----------------------------------------Camp Creek Gertrude

I've heard that Branko said Heli-Prop was his best hound ever. I think he was the first Branko bred hound to come and win in the Mid-West. He is in the Mid-West Gundog Federation Hall Of Fame.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo