What do you guy's and gal's think is the best flooring.

Share kenneling tips, kennel construction, running and starting pen construction, suggested materials, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BeaglerJay

What do you guy's and gal's think is the best flooring.

Post by BeaglerJay »

I'm just trying to gets some tips on which flooring you guys think would be best i haved always used a cement flooring but it seems to be hot in the summer and i was thinking about re-doing my kennel this spring in pea gravel well any information would be great. Thanks!

Jason

mybeagles

Kennel flooring

Post by mybeagles »

It has been agreed upon in the group of guys that I run with that raised pens are the best. Rubber coated 1" square kennel flooring or 2X4's up on end work great. Less issues with worms etc... crushed lime underneath keeps odors way down and really compacts nice for easy clean up. Good luck!

BeaglerJay

Post by BeaglerJay »

Yeah thats what i was planing on doing my grandpa was telling me the same thing about the lime under or in the pen. Thanks for the reply!

Jay

Tabbycat

Post by Tabbycat »

I build seperate house that rest on cinder blocks. The flooring for mine is 3/4" plywood. I keep fresh hay inside year round.

Tabbycat Elkins :cool:
When the tailgate drops...........the bulls**t stops!

DDWBeagles

plastic grates

Post by DDWBeagles »

I have purchased both types of plastic grate flooring. The more expensive type from DoubleL and the cheaper stuff from Farmteck. Although the price ($7.95) was about a third of the DoubleL stuff, the Farmteck stuff is not worth it. It is very think, brittle and actually flat on top with holds solid waste. If you live in or travel through Central VA, you're welcome to stop by, if you want to see both types in person.

I've rambled, to answer your question, the plastic grating in above ground kennels has worked well for me. It keeps the dogs much dryer, cleaner and even flea free during the warmer months. It also provides a better footing surface for both pups and adult dogs alike.
Last edited by DDWBeagles on Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dogs don't have to look good to win tittles, but conformation "enhances their chances"!

BeaglerJay

Post by BeaglerJay »

Well Thanks for the reply DDWBeagles i will have to look up DoubleL up on the Web. Well Thanks again!

Jay

bobby brewster

Post by bobby brewster »

do you have a web adress for doubleL.talk to you all later.

DDWBeagles

look down

Post by DDWBeagles »

Check the thread out called "EZE Flooring". Right now, it's at the bottom of the page, but will drift to the next page as new topics hit. The link for the Double-L site is listed there.
Dogs don't have to look good to win tittles, but conformation "enhances their chances"!