7 month old pup barking after dogs at times

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

SmoothDogg

7 month old pup barking after dogs at times

Post by SmoothDogg »

I have a 7 month old pup, with real good actions, going with the other dogs and keeps his nose on the ground. But at times he barks after ther other dogs, nat bad but at times he will run after them barking.

Is this something I shouldnt worry about since he is still a pup, what I am asking is this natural and will he eventually just stop on his on. Or do I need to bump him a little when he does it?

Any imput will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Josh
Josh Jones (606) 813-6028
(606) 596-0538

mtneerbp

Re: 7 month old pup barking after dogs at times

Post by mtneerbp »

IMO you should stop running him with the faster dogs that is what he is barking after dogs not the track Hunt him with slower dogs or by hisself I WOULD NOT SHOCK HIM ITS NOT HIS FAULT HE IS A PUPPY
BOB POST
MTNEER KENNELS
NORTH CENTRAL WV

BY HIS BLOOD I AM FORGIVEN

windy hollow

Post by windy hollow »

It is partly a puppy thing and possibly a "ME TOO" thing. Solo him until he is confident of his own nose and see what that does for him.
WINDY HOLLOW BEAGLES

SmoothDogg

Post by SmoothDogg »

Today I watched this pup and my other 7 month old female run two rabbits about 100 yards straight to the hole, they both where tracking and barking every step. Everything is goiin to be fine with this ol' boy.

Thanks for all the imput guys, it is appreciated

Josh,
Josh Jones (606) 813-6028
(606) 596-0538

big mike 50

Post by big mike 50 »

I had a male puppy that was about the same age and he did the same thing. I put some solo time on him and once he was old enough to keep up with the other dogs he was fine. I would sugest solo time and letting him grow up.
When the tailgate drops the bull$#!t stops