Training

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

illinois boy

Post by illinois boy »

u keep sayin u don't have alot of rabbits around and that is why u have a dog to find them if u are worried about no rabbits what good is a dog goin to do u if u don't have any to run alot of time them dogs will find more rabbits than u thought were out there.
nick
Johnson's Ace High Beagles

Huntin54

Post by Huntin54 »

illinois boy wrote:u keep sayin u don't have alot of rabbits around and that is why u have a dog to find them if u are worried about no rabbits what good is a dog goin to do u if u don't have any to run alot of time them dogs will find more rabbits than u thought were out there.
yeah i agree with that i took the dogs to an area where i thought there were none but there was alot there. More then i would of thought. The reason i thought there was none is because of the cover and the big coyote pop.

TOUCHSTONE

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

Drive around and find a rabbit then put your pup on the track. When he is running them pretty good take him to a rabbit rich environment and let him go find em on his own. If you put him with another dog make sure it does not have bad habbits to teach your pup and choose a dog slow enough for the pup to run in front of. You want em using their nose so I avoid sight chasing with older pups. Dan
STRUCTURE - THE WINNING EDGE!