Bloody stool?

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mightymite45

Bloody stool?

Post by Mightymite45 »

This past Friday,I took my two 15month females to vet for rabies shot and yearly exam. The vet did a fecal exam and found no problems!They have done fine all weekend ,but I get home this morning and one of my females is favoring her front leg and she has runny stool with blood in it and she doesn't want to eat,could the rabies shot have caused this or is something else going on ? Any help would be appreciated !!

mdbeagler

Re: Bloody stool?

Post by mdbeagler »

Tony if the shot was in that area that could be causing the lameness. It is very possible that she is having a reaction to the shot. Bloody stool could be something she ate, hook worms also cause bloody stool. You might want to call the vet and let them know what is going on if she doesn't get better.

Mightymite45

Post by Mightymite45 »

Thanks Don,I took her to the vet yesterday and he did blood work on her and found a high white cell count and a fever. Doc gave antibiotics and pain meds.This morning she acts as though nothing happened,I don't understand it!!

mdbeagler

Post by mdbeagler »

No problem sounds like a reaction to the rabies shot.