Keeping older dogs feeling young

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

JSmith

Keeping older dogs feeling young

Post by JSmith »

Does anyone know of any good muscle and joint supplements? The dogs do their part so I would like to help them with aches and pains. Thanks for any recommendations.

beagleman23

Re: Keeping older dogs feeling young

Post by beagleman23 »

Go to tractor supply and get a gallon of omega3 , 6 and 9.in the horse supplements...all in one for 19.bux. . . givem a tablespoon 4 or so days a week. . good for joints and coats,

Bull_357

Post by Bull_357 »

Cosequin is an awesome product if you can afford it. If not the above mentioned is a great idea and there are several other horse supplements that will help them out also.
Contenderized

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Feed then a raw egg two or three times a week in their feed.

Parker7

Post by Parker7 »

I purchased some arthritis/joint pills from Walmart. They were for people but just cut them down. If you compare the bottles it's pretty much the same stuff. My old dog could not hardly walk after a hard days run but this stuff had him jumping on the kennel gate in no time at all. The best part is its a lot cheaper! I'm sure any of it would work as long as it a pill you can cut down but if I still have the old bottle I will post the name of it later. Hope this helps