Killing tapeworms

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

walkerdogman85

Killing tapeworms

Post by walkerdogman85 »

I recently worked my dog with zimectrin gold ended up giving him the while tube over three days. How long will it take for him to start filling back out? He has started to clean back up can't find any worms in his stool. It seamed like it might be working but had me worried cause I didn't mean to give it like that but the plunger didn't hold to the right amount. I am going to my vet on Saturday to pick up som comfortis which I have never used and might get some tape worm pills and have on hand

Also would you guys recommend comfortis pills for fleas I have tried a lot of topicals this last spring and nothing seamed to work it was the worst I had ever seen them

Thank you
Michael West
1-740-502-8956
http://www.simmonsrunbeagles.com/

pilotknob

Re: Killing tapeworms

Post by pilotknob »

A whole tube over three days!!!!!!!Wow, he should be clean of worms for sure.I always wondered useing that and Equamax how much was safe and what was too much.When you move the stop ring on the plunger to where you want it turn it and it will lock in place and not go past that point.Let me know if he does ok over the next month or so.I always do a 100 lb.dose for beagles one time per mo. or when you see sighns.12 doses per tube.

beagleman23

Post by beagleman23 »

Livestock wormer isnt as strong as your regular dog wormer. .but it will work. . safeguard, drontal thats the way to go. Drontal is a all wormer tablet that will take care of them all.

Richard

Post by Richard »

walkerdogman85 wrote:I recently worked my dog with zimectrin gold ended up giving him the while tube over three days. How long will it take for him to start filling back out? He has started to clean back up can't find any worms in his stool. It seamed like it might be working but had me worried cause I didn't mean to give it like that but the plunger didn't hold to the right amount. I am going to my vet on Saturday to pick up som comfortis which I have never used and might get some tape worm pills and have on hand

Also would you guys recommend comfortis pills for fleas I have tried a lot of topicals this last spring and nothing seamed to work it was the worst I had ever seen them

Thank you
You are lucky he is still alive. I read that some of the Mt. cur breeders had a few dogs that died from an overdose of it.
Arkansas Oak Hill Kennels

walkerdogman85

Post by walkerdogman85 »

He is doing good I never even noticed a difference in him I have hunted him hard since then and no problem he cleaned up reall nice so I might end up using this again not sure
Michael West
1-740-502-8956

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

you can overdose them with zimec or equimax you only need a pinch about the size of 2 pencil erasers in a piece of meat for a grown dog half that for 3 month old or older pups.

Tuff-E-Nuff

Post by Tuff-E-Nuff »

Copied this from another site, its what I go by when using Equimax, I use a 1CC syringe to pull out the correct amount for each dog.

Tuff-E-Nuff Beagles
Silas/Tracy Damron
FCLP Salem's Willy Nelson
GR R.CH Tuff-E-Nuff Annie
HOF Gr.RCh/GrB.Ch Tuff-E-Nuff Charm
Harrogate. TN.

walkerdogman85

Post by walkerdogman85 »

Thanks I bought a tube of equimax the other day and ill use your chart!!
Michael West
1-740-502-8956