Bad ear infection

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Don

Bad ear infection

Post by Don »

My female had a bad ear infection this summer. She was treated by the vet twice with two different meds. The first did not work very well the second she definitely got better but I am not sure she is 100%. It was really bad at first she had a bad head tilt and was falling over when she ran. Right now no more head tilt or falling over but still seems to have trouble with balance. Any suggestions or tips. I don't want to take her back to the vet but will if no other option. Need her soon for upcoming season. Thanks

allniter

Re: Bad ear infection

Post by allniter »

Did the vet say what she had ---MITES---YEAST INFECTION --INTER EAR PROBLEM ---You can treat your self -for MITES --yeast :check: :check:
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

Don

Re: Bad ear infection

Post by Don »

As fas as I know it was an inner ear infection. Gave her two rounds of antibiotics. Said it would take a little while for symptoms like head tilt and falling over to go away. They are gone but she still seems unbalanced. Just not sure if I should take her in again or try something on my own